Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels

Old 11-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locks and Windows

UST WANTED TO CLARIFY THAT JEEPSAREUS.com is the correct vendor rather than JeepsRUs. We sell everything Mopar and can get the full kit for any power window or door updrade. 877.533.7787.

Originally Posted by bcash616
Like many others on this forum, I purchased a Jeep JK without power windows and soon regret this decision. I had come across a brand new 2014 JK Unlimited at a deal that was too hard to pass up! This JK had 4 doors, an Auto tranny, 3.73 gears, and a tow package, all that I wanted at a stripped down price of 24,600 out the door! I knew that i was going to lift this Jeep and purchase aftermarket wheels & tires along with many other mods, so paying premium pricing for items that i would soon remove seemed like a foolish matter. Actually it just helped justify the fact that I couldnt get the wife on board with me spending 35k for a new JK, and I wanted a new one with the 3.6l engine and automatic tranny, so the price limit was set, and the rest is history! After spending 8 months manually rolling up and down all FOUR windows EVERY TIME I was in and out of the Jeep, I decided to start researching Power windows and power door locks/keyless entry. I soon found that many people on different forums had started the conversion, but never seemed to finish, or they installed aftermarket switches instead of the factory ones, and I was determined to have a factory look! To many people's dismay, and with the help of one forum member, I was able to piece this system together and I am proud to say that it CAN BE DONE!

I wanted to write this to help anyone else that might be interested in doing this swap, or that might need help finding all the part numbers. In this write up, I am only going to discuss power windows and leave the power door locks/keyless entry/remote start to another write up.

First off I am going to list Mopar part numbers for the factory switches and door wiring harnesses. I must note that if you are only doing power windows, you wont need the wiring harnesses if you use the aftermarket window motors and regulators, but if you do plan to use mopar motors and mopar factory power door latches, then there really isnt any way around the harnesses.

The Window Kit I used was a direct fit version from Electric Life and was for a 4 door JK. This kit is said to be better quality parts than Mopar and is about 300 dollars cheaper than buying mopar motors and regulators. Again this kit is a Direct Fit and looks almost identical to Mopar parts. BTW....the motors are fast and strong!

Parts List:

power window motors and regulators- Electric Life JE184407

Mopar factory dash switch stack- 68156217AA
Mopar factory dash switch bezel- 1RP75DX9AC

Mopar factory rear console switch stack- 68057597AB
Mopar factory rear console switch bezel- 1UB68DX9AA

Mopar factory door wire harness- driver 68066013AD
pass 68066012AD
rear driver 68014962AA
rear pass 68014963AA

I bought the: Electric Life window kit from A1 Electric ( great customer service and pricing)
Mopar switches and bezels from Quirk Parts (almost any part you need)
Mopar door wire harnesses and power door latches from JeepsRUs (he has package deals)

J

So thats all the part numbers you will need to get this project installed. I will add that the Electric life kit comes with aftermarket switches and lots of wiring, I just omitted the switches and used what wiring i needed to go the factory route.

Pictures are a must and you guys have stuck with this write up long enough, so here you go!
I will try and edit in descriptions to the pictures, but I am a much better installer than a forum writer!

The only picture that is valuable in this post is the wiring diagram. This is your schematics for the front and rear factory switches.
The last picture is the back of the rear switches with wires soldered on to the pins. I could not find factory connectors for the front and rear switches, so i just soldered and shrink wrapped the wires onto the pins. Four of the wires off the rear switches go to the rear doors(pair per door as seen in the schematic) and the other wires go back up to the front switch stack.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default On the factory switch

Hi I'm not really good with diagrams can you please explain how can setup the factory switch
Old 02-16-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonetold
Hi I'm not really good with diagrams can you please explain how can setup the factory switch
I'm not sure what your asking?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default On the factory switch

Hi on the back of the factory switch how do I know which one will be the up and down and the ground and and also how do I connect the power for it to work I'm sorry I am new to this

Last edited by Noonetold; 02-16-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is the next thing I need to do.... Thanks for the detailed write up!
Old 02-17-2016, 02:36 AM
JK Newbie

Hi on the back of the factory switch how do I know which one will be the up and down and the ground and and also how do I connect the power for it to work I'm sorry I am new to this
Ok I understand what you are asking. Let me try and find the "pin out" sheet that I had and post a picture of it. It will show what number each pin on the back of the switches are for.

Thanks again
Old 02-17-2016, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Ok thank you so much
Old 02-18-2016, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

Ok thank you so much
I have added 2 new photos to my original post. One is a photo of the back of the front switch with numbers associated with the next picture showing a description of each number. Looking at one of my original photos of the back of the rear switch that shows the circuit board, you will notice a "1" and a "10" that I wrote on it. This shows the number order of the rear switch. Hope this helps with any confusion. Brian
The following users liked this post:
Montego (11-10-2022)
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you so much
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome write up! Did you do one for the power door locks too?

Quick Reply: Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels