Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Project-JK Decal Application Write-Up

Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Project-JK Decal Application Write-Up

Although the application of vinyl decals is pretty straight forward and easy to do, getting them on right, positioned correctly and without any wrinkles or bubbles the first time around can be somewhat tricky. That is, unless you know how to do it right. Granted, I have no doubts that there are a plethora of ways to apply decals, but this method has always worked for me and the easy to follow step by step instructions in this write-up should help you get yours on without any fuss. Of course, this write-up is for the application of the Project-JK logo decal, it will also work for any decal that you apply on your Jeep JK Wrangler.

Project-JK Decal Application Write-Up

Old 05-03-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any tips on the hood/fender decal? It seems that it will be hard to keep straight being that it is so long!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
Any tips on the hood/fender decal? It seems that it will be hard to keep straight being that it is so long!
It's really not that hard to do and I will post a write-up for it as well soon
Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Quick hijack...Windex

Begin hijack.

We used to spray windex on the surface that the sticker will be put on:

Spray the windex and get the surface good and wet, then apply the sticker. You can move the sticker around (it just slides from the windex) and when you get it where you want it, just squeegee it and you are done. It works great. If you want, try it with a little test sticker.

End hijack.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I had read this about 20 minutes ago! The decals came out okay, but one got wrinkled and I had to ease it off to pull them out and the other bubbled a little and isn't centered. Looks like I might be ordering a few more from ya in the near future! Hopefully the third time will be the charm...

Last edited by Gabryael; 05-11-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Glad I saw this because I need to put my project JK sticker on my windshield. Just trying to figure out if it's easier to apply with the top down. But then knowing my luck I'll put it on upside down
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Put mine on today using Eddies instructions. I have never done these kind of decals before and they turned out pretty good. I did get a small bubble on the J on"JK" on both sides, but I think the sun should shrink them. I put my 3rd JK sticker on my back window. All in all, I am very pleased with the way the decals turned out.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 AM
***erator

after looking at the different decals i am wondering if u are going to make a las vegas or nevada decal?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by lv jk
after looking at the different decals i am wondering if u are going to make a las vegas or nevada decal?
yes, i am working on a nevada decal and will add it to the store as soon as i can.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SW4006
Begin hijack.

We used to spray windex on the surface that the sticker will be put on:

Spray the windex and get the surface good and wet, then apply the sticker. You can move the sticker around (it just slides from the windex) and when you get it where you want it, just squeegee it and you are done. It works great. If you want, try it with a little test sticker.

End hijack.

I've had good luck with this method as well, it also eliminates bubbles. I haven't done any new decals on the JK paint yet, looking to get some JK ones at some point though.

Quick Reply: Project-JK Decal Application Write-Up