Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Quadratec purchasing issue

Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue as well with an item being backordered from them and it wasn't posted on the site. Thankfully it only took about 2 weeks to get.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me also with a soft top that I ordered in late march kept promising me it would ship the next week, cancelled and went to Northridge who told me it was on backorder from the factory till July 01
Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered the eyebrow kit, can of paint and more dead pedal from them Sunday. The paint is being shipped fedex ground and will be here Wednesday, the rest via smart post and will be here Saturday, would it have been so hard to just put it all in one box and ship it... I think they hire people there that have no common sense whatsoever.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

This happened to me when I ordered a top prop kit. I was told it was on back order in April and I'd have it in May well May came and went and nothing. i finally got it in June. I like there catalogs as well but in the future I will start someplace else with my order.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by liverocity
I ordered the eyebrow kit, can of paint and more dead pedal from them Sunday. The paint is being shipped fedex ground and will be here Wednesday, the rest via smart post and will be here Saturday, would it have been so hard to just put it all in one box and ship it... I think they hire people there that have no common sense whatsoever.
If everything came from the same warehouse one box would work, but many times items drop ship directly from the manufacturer or comes out of another warehouse.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

I am done ordering through them as well. It is not rocket science to list stock availability on the website. I placed a large order this week, selected 2 day shipping, only to find out one of the items is not in stock, and won't be for likely two weeks or more.

They did call to inform me of this, and removed this particular item from the order, but come on... List availability on the website!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

listing availabilty on there site would be a HUGE plus. you have to remember, warehouses cant keep everything in stock ALL the time. rick and all the other inside sales guys are dealing directly with the manufacturers, so all they are doing is passing the word onto us the customers. q-tec is basically just the middle man here. cant bash them 100%.i've always had good luck dealing with them,when i place orders i always call. first thing i always say is i'd like to check stock on a part, if its not IN stock then how long will it take? if its not to far out ill wait for it. if not then ill usually go else where.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks all for the feedback regarding showing stock on the website. We do have 3 warehouses (2 here in PA, 1 in Sparks, NV which is near the California border) as well as manufacturer drop ship warehouses. I do know at this time we're unable to list stock due to warehousing and system compatibility issues. It is something my web team is working on. I will pass this on to them for review as well. In the mean time I recommend PM'ing me, popping into our Live Chat, e-mailing info@quadratec.com or calling sales at 1-800-745-2348 to check inventory. The sales line hours are: Monday thru Thursday 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm - all times are Eastern.

In the case of the OP's order, the shipment goes via truck freight, not FedEx Ground or Smart Post. I can provide free Ground (Yes, not Smart Post! ) shipping to all JK Forum members and even remove most FedEx surcharges. However, for freight this is much harder to do as we're paying a trucking company to haul said freight item(s). This cost is always more expensive. I can typically reduce freight charges for JK Forum members. Just PM me prior to the order with your name/address/zip and the part number(s) you want to order. I'll PM you back with a quote.

If anyone has any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Rick
Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

That's funny you say it should ship in same box if from same warehouse, yep all from PA warehouse, I'm now sitting here with my can of paint and perfect weather, and my parts won't be here til Saturday.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by liverocity
That's funny you say it should ship in same box if from same warehouse, yep all from PA warehouse, I'm now sitting here with my can of paint and perfect weather, and my parts won't be here til Saturday.
I'm sorry to hear that. We have 2 warehouses here in PA: West Chester, PA (Our main warehouse & HQ) and Chambersburg, PA (A remote logistics warehouse out near Gettysburg).

It sounds like part of your order shipped from each PA warehouse. I can verify this if needed, just PM me your order number.

Thanks!

-Rick

Quick Reply: Quadratec purchasing issue