Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Quadratec purchasing issue

Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quadratec
Thanks all for the feedback regarding showing stock on the website. We do have 3 warehouses (2 here in PA, 1 in Sparks, NV which is near the California border) as well as manufacturer drop ship warehouses. I do know at this time we're unable to list stock due to warehousing and system compatibility issues. It is something my web team is working on. I will pass this on to them for review as well.
Amazon has dozens and dozens of warehouses, as well drop ships, etc... and they have no issues listing stock status. And they're not the only ones doing it, like I said earlier it's not rocket science. Time to catch up, you guys are great to deal with otherwise.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by syn-ack
Amazon has dozens and dozens of warehouses, as well drop ships, etc... and they have no issues listing stock status. And they're not the only ones doing it, like I said earlier it's not rocket science. Time to catch up, you guys are great to deal with otherwise.
Indeed they do. They also have 100,000 employees. We have 100, mostly Jeep owners

I've passed this along to the web team. They will look into this further to see what can be done with adding stock to the website in the near future. I'll make sure the Webmaster sees this thread.

Thanks!

-Rick
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed they do. They also have 100,000 employees. We have 100, mostly Jeep owners

I've passed this along to the web team. They will look into this further to see what can be done with adding stock to the website in the near future. I'll make sure the Webmaster sees this thread.

Thanks!

-Rick
Just another example of Amazon setting the bar really really high for other web-based businesses. I had this same issue with another JK-Forum supplier and while they haven't added in-stock/out of stock to their website they definitely got A LOT better at letting people know when stuff was back ordered. I think a lot of the frustration from people comes from what appears to be a lack of communication. Just work on a system to let people know what's going on. It's a lot cheaper than retooling your inventory management systems and your website to list in stock and out of stock, yet it accomplishes the same goal of keeping customers happy and in the loop. I know I would be a lot less disappointed in a back order if I was told same day or next day and given the option of a refund rather than waiting for a product day in and day out and it never showing up. Maybe you lose that particular sale, but you keep a customer.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

For what it's worth, I used Amazon as a well known example. There are thousands of other, much smaller companies, who do the same thing.

Regardless, Quadratec has heard the issue, and are working to fix it... Outside of that, they have a work around, as well they are great to deal with otherwise.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by etl330
Just another example of Amazon setting the bar really really high for other web-based businesses. I had this same issue with another JK-Forum supplier and while they haven't added in-stock/out of stock to their website they definitely got A LOT better at letting people know when stuff was back ordered. I think a lot of the frustration from people comes from what appears to be a lack of communication. Just work on a system to let people know what's going on. It's a lot cheaper than retooling your inventory management systems and your website to list in stock and out of stock, yet it accomplishes the same goal of keeping customers happy and in the loop. I know I would be a lot less disappointed in a back order if I was told same day or next day and given the option of a refund rather than waiting for a product day in and day out and it never showing up. Maybe you lose that particular sale, but you keep a customer.
Thank you for your information. I do agree with you on notifying customers of backorders. We did add this to our automated e-mail system. When you place an order you should receive an e-mail stating if your order has backordered items. Example:

"Dear CUSTOMER,

Thank you for your recent purchase of order W2XXXXXX0000.

Any items that are out of stock will be listed on the next line.

QTY ITEM DESCRIPTION $ AMOUNT

************************************************** **************************************

1 11051 0515 07 QUADRATOP TONNO BLK DIA 07-14 DUE DATE: 07/10/14 74.99

JK 4DR 11051 0515

IF THERE ARE NO ITEMS LISTED ABOVE, THEN THE COMPLETE ORDER SHOULD BE IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE TO SHIP.

However, some items may ship direct from our supplier. These items will not be listed as out of stock, but may not be available for immediate shipment. You should receive another email if there are any products shipping direct from the manufacturer.

If there is a Due Date listed, it is an estimation only and may not reflect the actual date that we will be able to ship the product. Upon shipping your order, we will notify you via email with detailed shipping information.

If you have any questions about this or any of your orders, please do not hesitate to contact us at CustomerService@Quadratec.com or toll-free at 800-745-6037.

And while you are on the Jeep Parts & Jeep Accessories From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec website, do not forget to check out the new products, read our newsletter, check in with other enthusiasts on the bulletin board and more. Again, thank you for your purchase and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Happy 4-wheeling,

The Entire Quadratec Team"

Thanks!

-Rick
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for your information. I do agree with you on notifying customers of backorders. We did add this to our automated e-mail system. When you place an order you should receive an e-mail stating if your order has backordered items.
I did receive the email, but it did not specify which item was was not in stock. I replied to the email, and received a call the next day and was informed by a polite and helpful CSR. We removed the item from the order, and the rest of my parts are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I don't question Quadratec's customer service, seems to be top notch... ya just need to up the technology that drives your business. Of course, selling that concept to the decision makers who sign off on the budget to do so, is often the problem.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Same here, I was waiting weeks for a Bilstein steering stabilizer. Had to call twice and finally cancel the order. Wont be going through them any more. North Ridge has my loyalty now.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Update:
After this post started, my tires showed up at Quadratecs warehouse on Tuesday. It is now Thursday, and I have yet to be contacted for delivery. The frustration continues. I will be callng another customer service manager today at lunch break to try to find out more.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by TMPEARSON
Update:
After this post started, my tires showed up at Quadratecs warehouse on Tuesday. It is now Thursday, and I have yet to be contacted for delivery. The frustration continues. I will be callng another customer service manager today at lunch break to try to find out more.
The order shipped. The Customer Service Manager e-mailed you the PRO number and truck freight company info. I have also PM'd a copy of the e-mail to you.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Rick
Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Yes rick... I got that email. At 1015 today. Ten minutes AFTER I posted my update on here.
It goes back to a simple issue of keeping customers in the loop and informed.
Like most Jeepers I am understanding if delays and back orders especially on popular items. The frustration on my end as a customer could simply have been avoided with good communication. The run around story of next week from every rep I talked to could simply have been " were not sure when they will be in for sure and we appreciate your patience with us". Along with occasional updates stating " they are still backorderred but were continually checking for you"
The sad truth is I have found out more by posting my frustrations on a public international forum ( which effects your reputation as a business) than by dealing with your service department myself.
I think Quadratec needs to step back and re-evaluate it's approach to customer satisfaction and service. Most people will be more understanding and patient when the truth is conveyed to them. I simply hope Quadratech can learn from this and improve it's customer relations.

Quick Reply: Quadratec purchasing issue