Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Hardtop Wiring Harness Tie Down/Seatbelt Flap

Old 06-01-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Wiring Harness Tie Down/Seatbelt Flap

I don't know about anyone else, but I was annoyed at the Freedom top's wiring harness hanging freely whenever I had the top off. I tried a couple of different things to secure it, but none were working out the way that I wanted.

I finally took a utility knife, and made two small cuts in the carpet over the wheel well, about 1" each, parallel with one another. I then took a piece of velcro about 3 1/2" long and fed it through the slots. I did this a second time, a little further forward, and now have two velcro "anchor points" that I use to secure the wiring harness.

It was a pain getting the velcro fed through the slots-in hindsight, I should've put it inside a small piece of folder cardboard, and slipped that through, since the velcro really wanted to stick to the underside of the carpet.

One other thing that I did today, I took a long strip of 2 1/2" self-adhesive velcro, and ran it paralell along the passenger side seat belt-I used the soft side, not the rough side. It totally elimated the annoying "clicking" that the seatbelt makes when the top/doors are off, and no one's in the passenger seat. My interior is the dark gray/slate, so the velco is barely noticeable.

Take it easy-

Steve
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I just pushed the wire under the carpet. When I put the hardtop back on I'll just pull it out. Took about 10 seconds to do.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I just pushed the wire under the carpet. When I put the hardtop back on I'll just pull it out. Took about 10 seconds to do.

I did the same - for the seat belt flap I bought those seat shoulder pads and used 2-way tape and stuck it to the B-pillar
Old 06-06-2008, 11:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been slipping my wiring harness under the plastic "sleeve" thing at the bottom of the roll bar, but I like the velcro idea.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 and works great.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jose Dosil
X2 and works great.
X3 on that! 10 seconds or less!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

x4...is this considered a mod or just common sense
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of today I stopped putting it under the plastic sleeve and now I put it under the carpet like everyone else.

Quick Reply: Hardtop Wiring Harness Tie Down/Seatbelt Flap