Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

REI Remote Start

Old 12-10-2014, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question REI Remote Start

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question (new and still learning the layout). My 2103 JKU has a sticker under the hood that says it has an REI Remote Starter system installed. I got curious when I noticed a rectangular book stuck between the dash and the windscreen with wires going into the dash.
Does anyone have in any information about this or can steer me toward someone who might?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

When I had a remote starter installed in my wife's car the installer placed a sticker under the hood just like the one you are describing. If there is a shop that installs remote starters in your area I would bring it to them and have them check it out.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J. E. B. Stuart
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question (new and still learning the layout). My 2103 JKU has a sticker under the hood that says it has an REI Remote Starter system installed. I got curious when I noticed a rectangular book stuck between the dash and the windscreen with wires going into the dash. Does anyone have in any information about this or can steer me toward someone who might?
I bought my Jeep used from a Acura dealership; I didn't know (& neither did they) that it had remote start until I pressed the bottom button on the remote, twice. The horn blew, lights flashed then started right up.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Remote Start

Originally Posted by J. E. B. Stuart
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question (new and still learning the layout). My 2103 JKU has a sticker under the hood that says it has an REI Remote Starter system installed. I got curious when I noticed a rectangular book stuck between the dash and the windscreen with wires going into the dash.
Does anyone have in any information about this or can steer me toward someone who might?
I was finally able to get in touch with the last owner who just happened to have one of the remotes and the owners manual. The remote works like a champ which is great since the high temp for today is in the 20s!

Quick Reply: REI Remote Start