Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JK-Forum Founder

Thumbs up Rock Krawler Heavy Duty Deep Sump Automatic Transmission Pan

While the Jeep JK Wrangler comes with great skid plate right from the factory that actually does a job of protecting your 42RLE Automatic Transmission, it does have a way of getting in the way of your drive shaft if you have a 3" or taller lift installed. Because of this problem, there are a lot of people choose to remove this skid plate but, by doing this, you leave the thin transmission sump pan dangerously exposed to rocks. For those of you who have a long arm kit installed on your JK, removing your transmission skid plate is a requirement. So, what is one to do? Well for me, I decided to get a Rock Krawler heavy duty replacement deep sump transmission pan.

Constructed out of seam welded laser cut steel featuring sides made out of 3/16" steel, a bottom that is a 1/4" thick and a puncture proof lifetime warranty, the Rock Krawler heavy duty deep sump pan is all that you’ll need to protect it from the rocks. Of course, being that this is a deep sump pan, you also get the added benefit of greater fluid capacity and this does wonders to help your transmission from running dry as is so common when operating at extreme angles.

The write-up below will show you just how easy the Rock Krawler heavy duty deep sump pan is to install on your Jeep JK Wrangler.

If you get this tranny pan (and I highly recommend you do), please be sure to say where you heard about it
    Last edited by sm_rubi; 05-22-2013 at 07:35 PM.

It looks like a great product - practically worth it for the drain plug alone! Do they have specs on the amount of extra fluid it will hold? Do they have an aftermarket skid they make for use with it?

Micah
    Watch for low-flying pelicans!!!

Check my profile for full list of mods

JK-Forum Founder

Quote Originally Posted by burbingus View Post
    It looks like a great product - practically worth it for the drain plug alone! Do they have specs on the amount of extra fluid it will hold? Do they have an aftermarket skid they make for use with it?

Micah
    they do not have a spec on how much more it holds but i ended up adding about another quart. as far as skids go, this pan is designed so that you don't need to use a skid.

Great...this forum board costs me more money every time I'm on...

Bout time Eddie! Just kidding, still need mine installed before Moab so this is very timely, Thanks!
    “Stand out from the crowd, be yourself.”
    ― Stephen Richards

This spring I will for sure be buying this when I change my trans filter and fluid. Thanks for the write-up

By the way, do you think the dealership would void your transmission warranty because of this pan?
    Bone stock 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - It really soaks up those speed bumps around the mall.

Does the pan make it easier to remove the four bolts in the back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogging View Post

Thanks
    Thats a real good question. Im guessing no. No chance of putting a hard hit on this pan and just breaking your rtv seal?

JK-Forum Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sm_rubi View Post
    Bout time Eddie! Just kidding, still need mine installed before Moab so this is very timely, Thanks!
    well i'm glad that i got it up then

Quote Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
    This spring I will for sure be buying this when I change my trans filter and fluid. Thanks for the write-up

By the way, do you think the dealership would void your transmission warranty because of this pan?
    they shouldn't but, it really depends on your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogging View Post

Thanks
    no, it's still pretty hard to get to them but, now that you have a drain bolt, you won't need to get to them.

JK-Forum Founder

Quote Originally Posted by MikeReo View Post
    Thats a real good question. Im guessing no. No chance of putting a hard hit on this pan and just breaking your rtv seal?
    i really doubt it especially if you use a good rtv like the right stuff. but, i plan on testing it and, if it's not up to snuff, i'll be the first to let you know.

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast