Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rugged ridge modular front bumper questions answered

Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rugged ridge modular front bumper questions answered

I don't have the time to do a write up now but I am willing to answer any questions one might have in respect to installing the above mentioned WINCH bumper with a Quadratec Q9500iS winch and over rider bull bar.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Also, i have the vacuum pump relocation bracket available for sale if anyone wants it. $40. I'll consider shipping.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could get to the installation point im still trying to get the stock front bumper off. its got two bolts on the bottom of each side that superman himself couldnt budge =/
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sm0ke
I wish I could get to the installation point im still trying to get the stock front bumper off. its got two bolts on the bottom of each side that superman himself couldnt budge =/
You need a breaker bar and PB blaster. Do you know what those things are? Those bolts are insane but the frustration only begins once the bumper is off. You have to angle out the plate that goes between the bumper and the grill. Once you get the bumper off I'll walk you through the install if you'd like. I did a no-directions install and it took 3.5 hours with my Brother helping me (and terrible post Bday hangover). You'll need some 18mm deep well sockets and a 3/4 inch box wrench or crescent and some duct tape.

Quick Reply: Rugged ridge modular front bumper questions answered