Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rusty's 3.25" lift review!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy that runs the hell out of a Rusty's 3.25 lift on his 2012 JKU with 35in Nitto Grapplers. He loves it. If ridden with him on a couple trips and it seamed to be a pretty good ride also. Its a pretty heavy wagon with heavier bumpers, winch, and the such. Does not appear to sag.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am thinking about doing this lift on my 2011 unlimited but here's my concern. I have the smittybilt flat flares and 35's you think it will make the 35's look small? How much lift can I expect on a 4 door? It has front and rear bumpers and a winch... Pics would be great! Haha
Old 12-06-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by One bad black JK
I am thinking about doing this lift on my 2011 unlimited but here's my concern. I have the smittybilt flat flares and 35's you think it will make the 35's look small? How much lift can I expect on a 4 door? It has front and rear bumpers and a winch... Pics would be great! Haha
Did you re-gear to at least 5.13? Also I think anything more then 35's you are going to have to do much more then just this lift'
Old 12-07-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepjkgrrl
Did you re-gear to at least 5.13? Also I think anything more then 35's you are going to have to do much more then just this lift'
No I'm running 3:73 gears with an intake exhaust and a programmer and honestly it's fine. It's not gonna win any races but no jk is haha.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

No I'm running 3:73 gears with an intake exhaust and a programmer and honestly it's fine. It's not gonna win any races but no jk is haha.
An intake exhaust, what do you mean? A cold air intake or a full on new exhaust pipes from the intake manifold? And if so, how do you like them? Was looking at rugged ridge for that. And it is true about 3:73 gears(that's what I currently have) they work fine around town and low speed highway, but find u will force you engine and trans to work overtime at anything over 55mph. Are you an automatic or manual? Makes a differance too. Check you trans oil to make sure its not dark. If it is then I would atleast think about changing gears.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

An intake exhaust, what do you mean? A cold air intake or a full on new exhaust pipes from the intake manifold? And if so, how do you like them? Was looking at rugged ridge for that. And it is true about 3:73 gears(that's what I currently have) they work fine around town and low speed highway, but find u will force you engine and trans to work overtime at anything over 55mph. Are you an automatic or manual? Makes a differance too. Check you trans oil to make sure its not dark. If it is then I would atleast think about changing gears.
I have Gibson cat back exhaust and an airaid intake. The exhaust is annoying as crap!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Gibson cat back exhaust and an airaid intake. The exhaust is annoying as crap!
Lol yeah I put a dual exhaust from the muffler back. Its loud all the time. And a custom cold air intake. I was thinking of a superchip but keep hearing all over the place reviews. From waste of money to "did the trick"
Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol yeah I put a dual exhaust from the muffler back. Its loud all the time. And a custom cold air intake. I was thinking of a superchip but keep hearing all over the place reviews. From waste of money to "did the trick"
As long as you don't expect a TON of power from the programmer you will be happy. Just the fact that it put my shift points back in place was enough for me...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

As long as you don't expect a TON of power from the programmer you will be happy. Just the fact that it put my shift points back in place was enough for me...
Maybe it will be best to program it after the new gears(5.13). Any other suggestions
Old 01-11-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Why does everyone talk about jumping up to 5.13 gears just for 35's. Ive seen guys running those for 37 and 38's. Why would 4.88 not be more then enough for 35? Does that mean my 4.10, with a auto wont be suitable for 35's for me?

Quick Reply: Rusty's 3.25" lift review!