Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights

Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithro
You haven't got to the hardest part of the install yet which is the four bottom holes (the part you opted not to do). It's almost impossible to get those installed correctly.
When I looked at it there were holes in the factory center rail but for whatever reason Smittybilt decided not to line the bumper holes up with them. I'll save it for a rainy day.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Not needed. Angles look great.

Indeed, correct you are!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjhoop
Yup i love my xrc's also!!!!!!!!!!!!have fun mounting the winch though with it mounted you can't get to the rear bolt's too easy, have fun looks great!!!!!
mounting the winch was no fun
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithro
You haven't got to the hardest part of the install yet which is the four bottom holes (the part you opted not to do). It's almost impossible to get those installed correctly.

The other part of the install that is a pain is mounting the winch. The holes in the front are too small for most hands. Luckily my wife could squeeze hers in there, so have someone with hands small enough to fit in the holes available. They should have opened up the holes another .5".
I still have one bolt that I cant get to , my hands are to big with the swaybar motor in the way
Old 03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

It would be easiest to take the bumper back off before ya put the bottom bolts in and get a few buddies with strong backs then mount the winch with the bumper off heave ho!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by milehighjk
I still have one bolt that I cant get to , my hands are to big with the swaybar motor in the way
I just finshed installing m8000 on that bumber. It takes 8" ext. and a 9/16 swivel/socket combo (not seprate parts all one part) turn real easy tell it treads its the perfect angle. Took me a sec. to figure it out on my rubi
Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

This was very helpful as I just installed the SRC classic on mine not more than 4 days ago. I was worried about the fog lights because I heard they can trip an error code. But i guess HID is the way to go if i want to use the original factory fog set up. Awesome rig by the way!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markinda909
This was very helpful as I just installed the SRC classic on mine not more than 4 days ago. I was worried about the fog lights because I heard they can trip an error code. But i guess HID is the way to go if i want to use the original factory fog set up. Awesome rig by the way!
Awesome, I'm glad the thread came in handy!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

wish i had the tires to buy this bumper, instead had to settle with the src version.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same bumper. I really like it, except when it decides to act as a sand plow

Pics courtesy of eMETAL

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights