Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Soft Brake Pedal/Boiled brake fluid

Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 PM
lyd
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Soft Brake Pedal/Boiled brake fluid

Quite a few people on the forum complain about soft pedal even after installing stainless steel lines. I have Wilwood big front brakes and stainless steel lines on all 4 wheels. I now have a soft brake pedal. The brake fluid is 2 year old and has 60k miles on it. I was towing another JK on a flatbed trailer and had to brake a lot in traffic. Today I notice the brake pedal is soft and the brake fluid is not clear. I must have boiled the fluid and now even without any leaks the pedal can cave in under sudden breaking. I guess the original Mopar has a very low wet boiling point. I am putting Castrol React SRF, the highest wet boiling point fluid I know in the JK, so I do not take any chances.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you put in bigger master cylinder, I believe Teraflex sell them? The JK is a pig, stopping 2 JKs are hippos.

I use Motul in the Porsche for track events and have never boiled the fluid... GL

Quick Reply: Soft Brake Pedal/Boiled brake fluid