Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Start your 6spd without clutch? YES

Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really convenient idea. I recall the FJ Cruiser had a stock "clutch start cancel" button that would reset after you started the car. Is anyone familiar with this and know how it worked?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

After reading a bunch of forum posts on this and the $100 remote start I pulled the trigger and am going to do this mod with a hidden switch so when others drive the jeep I can disable the remote start.

now the only issue is I cant lock or unlock doors from my condo to where im parked, I make it about 3/4 way to the condo before I loose reception :(
Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Divi
After reading a bunch of forum posts on this and the $100 remote start I pulled the trigger and am going to do this mod with a hidden switch so when others drive the jeep I can disable the remote start.

now the only issue is I cant lock or unlock doors from my condo to where im parked, I make it about 3/4 way to the condo before I loose reception :(
Yeah I've been googling if there is ways to add an external antenna to the factory signal. No luck yet
Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here nothing wither, but I found that if you put 2 c2016 batteries in the remote it doubles voltage and might increase range. going to give it a try.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know which wire this is on the 2012+? It seems they got away from the 3 plugs and now there are two much bigger ones
Old 09-05-2014, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so by doing this you can add the factory mopar remote start?
Old 12-03-2022, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Anyone know which wire this is on the 2012+? It seems they got away from the 3 plugs and now there are two much bigger ones
Did you ever figure this out? Looking to do the same to my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phnguyjk
Disclaimer: Do at your own risk.

I searched everywhere and couldn't find any info, I know it's been done considering some people have remote starts on there 6spd JK's. That was what prompted me and the fact I prefer to just reaching in and turn the key to warm it up. I am aware of the consequences of leaving it in gear and cranking. So again "DO AT YOUR OWN RISK".
1: Pop hood
2: Near front driver side headlight you will see a cast aluminum thingy with three black plugs(red slider locks)
3: Assuming you found it, third plug from left closest to radiator(there's one empty location) slide red slider to unlock and pull out.
4: Slice open wire loom(carefully) locate solid yellow with red stripe.
5: To test, strip a little of the insulation back, run a scrap wire from yellow/red wire to a good ground. MAKE SURE IT IS IN NEUTRAL! Twist key and let out a sigh of relief, it starts with now clutch.
6: Assuming you're not pinned under your jeep. Shut engine down.
7: What I did was to poke a hole through center of exposed copper of yellow/red wire.
8: Then take a 8 to 10" piece of spare wire and strip end.
9: Insert stripped end through hole made in step 7 and twist 'em nice and tight.
10: Solder(optional but prefered) new wire to yellow/red. Wrap with a good quality electrical tape.
11: Other end of 8 to 10" wire crimp a 1/4" ring terminal(optional, I solder the wire in end once I crimp)
12: Locate ground lug near driver fender, loosen nut with a 10mm open end or socket and secure ring terminal.
13: Make sure no tools or other crap is laying around under hood and close her up.
SEE PICS BELOW:PM ME WITH ANY ?'s

I take no responsibility in anything that may or may not happen if you perform this mod.

ENJOY!!!!! BTW this isn't my usual camera, when I install the remote start I'll have better pics.

will the check engine light come on?

Quick Reply: Start your 6spd without clutch? YES