Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stock Radio Antenna Removal

I didn't have my Jeep long before removing the AM/FM radio antenna, it just looks unsightly and is annoying on the trail. I haven't missed it, listen to Sirius anyway... ...so I'd like to take it a step further and remove the mount and replace it with a second "Trail Rated" badge. If I need AM/FM in the future, I'll replace it with an internal powered antenna.

Anyone ever done this? I can't figure out how to get at the mount from the inside. Too far back from under the hood, too far forward from inside... What am I missing?
    2009 X Unlimited "Mountain Dog"
    6-Speed | aFe Intake | Superchips | 3" TeraFlex coil | 35" Duratracks | Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards | LoD Shorty front bumper | Smitty XRC 8 winch, synthetic line | Rigid Industries E-Series LED light bar | PIAA 520's | LoD Shorty rear bumper w/ lights

Banned

<-- Click this, I've already found the link.
    SeatGlovers

Quote Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
    <-- Click this, I've already found the link.
    Tried that, somehow I've missed it. If you already found it, then post it...
    6-Speed | aFe Intake | Superchips | 3" TeraFlex coil | 35" Duratracks | Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards | LoD Shorty front bumper | Smitty XRC 8 winch, synthetic line | Rigid Industries E-Series LED light bar | PIAA 520's | LoD Shorty rear bumper w/ lights

JK Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by XFactor View Post
    thanks

JK Enthusiast

Default ant delete

Ive done just that.. removed the mount.. and added a trail rated badge.. fits PERFECT. or you could add a side repeater in this location.. just a few thoughts.

I picked up a stubby antenna for mine off of Ebay ($10). I don't listen to the radio either, but I figured I would leave it near to original as possible in case I sell it someday. The stubby is only about 12" long and shouldn't be a problem with offroading or going through the car wash.....yes, I said it, car wash!
    2009 2dr Sport, Silver
    2.5" Rough Country lift
    BFG KM2's
    Rough Country Quick Disconnects
    Rubicon Rock Rails

http://www.northridge4x4.com

I am having trouble with the whole "Unclip the little black cosmetic cover" part. I keep feeling like it's going to break.
    2008 Jeep X Unlimited auto tranny with Black Appearance Package. Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with quick discos. 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratrac tires. MB72 black alloy 15" wheels. Teraflex steering stabilizer. Dual Sears Platinum batteries. Rugged Ridge Evap skid. Rugged Ridge XHD stubby bumper. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. 6 Hella 500ff lights. CARR Rota light bar. Custom winch cover. My trailer is an M116A2 Army generator trailer.

Wouldn't the trail rated badges not match up location-wise between the both sides?
    2011 Charger Rallye - I still answer PMs if you have any questions about JKs.
    Dad still has his '07 JKU Rubi, Mom has 2011 Overland WK2, and fiancee has 2010 JK, so Jeep is still around.
    Considering looking into a new Wrangler Unlimited. I miss Jeep so bad!

(SOLD) 2008 Black X 2dr 6spd
    MBRP/HIDX/BDS/Goodyear/RallyLights/Coverking
    Rugged Ridge/AEM/Hella/American Racing/Magnaflow
    Rough Country
    /SWAG Offroad

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JKdewd View Post
    Ive done just that.. removed the mount.. and added a trail rated badge.. fits PERFECT. or you could add a side repeater in this location.. just a few thoughts.
    Hey that sounds great. Can you send me some instruction on how you did it or is there another post that I can guide myself with it PM if anything

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast