Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Teraflex Leveling Kit Install

Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Leveling Kit Install

Installed my TeraFlex leveling kit on my 2013 JK yesterday. Did it at home in my garage with basic tools. It took a few hours. I am no mechanic, but am mechanically inclined.

Tools:
6 ton Jack Stands
2 1/2 ton floor jack
Wrenches
Sockets
Breaker bar
Coil Spring Compressor.

Steps:
FRONT
-Loosened front lugs.
-Jack up jeep and support the frame with stands
-Support Axles with floor jack
-Remove tires.
-Remove lower shock bolts
-Remove sway bar links.
-Lower the jack, allowing the axle to droop.
-Pull out the spring and isolator
-install front spacers followed by the factory isolator.
-I was able to put the front springs back in without using the spring compressor, But if necessary, use spring compressor to aid in reinstalling springs.
-Install new TF sway bar links (Must insert grease zert and grease the links).
-Bolt the lower shock bolts back into place.
-remount tires
- Lower jack until wheels are on the ground, make sure everything seats properly.

REAR
-Remove wheels/tires
-Loosen lower shock bolts
-Disconnect brake lines, sensore lines, etc (Anything that can get in the way of the axle drooping)
-I disconnected the track bar on the passenger side only to allow myself room to work the spring in and out.
-Remove spring and isolator
-Mount spacer and isolator- You may have to use a bottle jack to press the spacer into space, otherwise it will fall and be a pain.
-Use spring compressor to compress spring..CAREFULLY. Make sure the placement of the compressor on the spring allows you room to navigate and will not get in way of axle, etc.
- Reinstall spring and slowly let off of compressor until spring is back in place.
-Reconnect track bar- you may need to flex the axle on the opposite side to get the bar to line up.
-Reconnect shock.
Remount tires.

Don't forget!! If you disconnect the brake lines, like i did, you will need to bleed the lines of air to have working brakes.

I quite enjoyed the install of my leveling kit. It is not impossible to do by any means, so go for it!

Before and after pics below attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1746003016.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	446118   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-401465338.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	446119   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1271747898.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	446120  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wkw137
Installed my TeraFlex leveling kit on my 2013 JK yesterday. Did it at home in my garage with basic tools. It took a few hours. I am no mechanic, but am mechanically inclined.

Tools:
6 ton Jack Stands
2 1/2 ton floor jack
Wrenches
Sockets
Breaker bar
Coil Spring Compressor.

Steps:
FRONT
-Loosened front lugs.
-Jack up jeep and support the frame with stands
-Support Axles with floor jack
-Remove tires.
-Remove lower shock bolts
-Remove sway bar links.
-Lower the jack, allowing the axle to droop.
-Pull out the spring and isolator
-install front spacers followed by the factory isolator.
-I was able to put the front springs back in without using the spring compressor, But if necessary, use spring compressor to aid in reinstalling springs.
-Install new TF sway bar links (Must insert grease zert and grease the links).
-Bolt the lower shock bolts back into place.
-remount tires
- Lower jack until wheels are on the ground, make sure everything seats properly.

REAR
-Remove wheels/tires
-Loosen lower shock bolts
-Disconnect brake lines, sensore lines, etc (Anything that can get in the way of the axle drooping)
-I disconnected the track bar on the passenger side only to allow myself room to work the spring in and out.
-Remove spring and isolator
-Mount spacer and isolator- You may have to use a bottle jack to press the spacer into space, otherwise it will fall and be a pain.
-Use spring compressor to compress spring..CAREFULLY. Make sure the placement of the compressor on the spring allows you room to navigate and will not get in way of axle, etc.
- Reinstall spring and slowly let off of compressor until spring is back in place.
-Reconnect track bar- you may need to flex the axle on the opposite side to get the bar to line up.
-Reconnect shock.
Remount tires.

Don't forget!! If you disconnect the brake lines, like i did, you will need to bleed the lines of air to have working brakes.

I quite enjoyed the install of my leveling kit. It is not impossible to do by any means, so go for it!

Before and after pics below attached.
Turned out awesome!

I still need to install mine and sporting 18/59 springs as well. Did you add both pucks in front and what is your spring numbers front and rear if you don't mind me asking? Rubi wheels and tires look good too! I got a set off of a 2012 and using 1.5" Spider spacers. I am really starting to dig the new Rubi wheels.

Last edited by catahoula; 04-12-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Leveling Kit Install