Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Upgrade Climate Controls to Auto AC and Heat

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cet99
Any update on this?
Thelinux.... Where you able to install the cabin sensor to make full use of the auto climate?
Did you run into an issue installing? or haven't started yet? There isn't any issues or reason why cabin Temp sensor won't work...Simple technology, sends temp when asked by HVAC control unit. Connected directly, no stops on it's way to give reading of temp...simple
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
Did you run into an issue installing? or haven't started yet? There isn't any issues or reason why cabin Temp sensor won't work...Simple technology, sends temp when asked by HVAC control unit. Connected directly, no stops on it's way to give reading of temp...simple
I haven't started yet as my 11'jku is a sport that is bare bones. No sun sensor nor auto headlights or climate. I wanted to install all three. I know the connection for the sun sensor is there. All I need is the sensor and drill the pre marked hole on the dash. The interior temp sensor connection that goes on the driver side under the steering wheel is not there. So if I buy the sensor I have nothing to connected to. Thelinux ran the auto climate without the interior temp sensor and had issues with the auto Climate not functioning properly. Without the sensor, the auto climate won't know if it has reached the desired temp bc the sensor is missing.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey All,

I know this subject died over a year ago, but it was of interest to me so I dug it up.

I pulled the panel below the steering column off of my '13 Rubicon this morning and found that the cabin air temperature plug IS there taped to my harness. My 6-speed Jeep is equipped with automatic headlamps and standard A/C.

I went ahead and ordered the control head, PN: 55111170AG, $53.57, the sun sensor, PN: 55111275AA, #14.82, and the cabin air temperature sensor, PN: 111178AC, $34.44.

Hopefully I can report back next week that the install was a cake walk and that it works properly.

Thanks to those who went before me and gave me some clues.

Tom.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well... If anyone is following, the control head for this conversion has recently been updated by MOPAR to PN: 55111170AH and now costs $106.89. So... add another fifty three bucks to the mix. Oh well.... Still worth it for me.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I want to this on my jku 11 want to know if they were able to install the sensor for the auto control to work properly?!?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-27-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjl509@yahoo.com
I want to this on my jku 11 want to know if they were able to install the sensor for the auto control to work properly?!? Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
My '13 Rubicon already has the plug in place for the cabin air temperature sensor. I've seen write ups about adding wiring for it if the vehicle isn't already wired for it. Luckily the sensor only needs to be wired to the control unit, so it's an easy job.

My parts showed up yesterday. Hopefully in an hour or so I'll be running ATC!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by any4xx
My '13 Rubicon already has the plug in place for the cabin air temperature sensor. I've seen write ups about adding wiring for it if the vehicle isn't already wired for it. Luckily the sensor only needs to be wired to the control unit, so it's an easy job. My parts showed up yesterday. Hopefully in an hour or so I'll be running ATC!
Awesome!! Post up pics if u can

Old 07-27-2014, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome!! Post up pics if u can Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Well.... Not so awesome. Turns out that the lone plug I was looking at behind where the cabin air temperature sensor goes was NOT a stray plug just waiting for me to utilize. AND, the sun sensor on top of the dash only has two wires going to its four-position plug. The proper sensor will change nothing.

So back to the drawing board. I need to source a few pins and a plug to make this all work. I could have left the new control head in place and just used it as a semi-automatic controller, but why? So the stock manual head is back in while I source the few needed electrical parts.

Crap...
Old 07-27-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

What a bummer sorry man if my jeep wasn't in the shop if be willing to look under for plugs myself

Old 07-27-2014, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

What a bummer sorry man if my jeep wasn't in the shop if be willing to look under for plugs myself

Finding the plugs and connectors won't be any big deal. I was just hoping for a plug and play. No such luck. But once I source the one plug housing and nine pins, it shouldn't take more than a half hour to wire it all up.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Climate Controls to Auto AC and Heat