Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

WarmSeat Waterproof Seat Heater Installation

Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet noise
I have neoprene seat covers, will these push the heat through both the seat upholstery and the seat cover?
Can't speak from experience, but I would think that you would feel the heat through the neoprene seat covers. It'd just take a little longer to feel it.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ukie jk
Stupid question #2, did I miss what keeps these from sliding around?
The kits come with tape that can be used to hold the heating elements in place if necessary, but these fit so well in the JK seats that the back heating element really has nowhere to move, and the seat heating element only has room to move forward but only if it can manage to wrap around front edge of the seat. I didn't see that as likely to occur, so I didn't use any of the provided tape.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

That is awesome!! Great writeup, I found the website and will be ordering to install in mine. Thanks for taking the time to photo it and write it up.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yomondo
The kits come with tape that can be used to hold the heating elements in place if necessary, but these fit so well in the JK seats that the back heating element really has nowhere to move, and the seat heating element only has room to move forward but only if it can manage to wrap around front edge of the seat. I didn't see that as likely to occur, so I didn't use any of the provided tape.
Oh, and also for the seat heating element, the two hog rings on the sides that are put back on, hold a plastic bar across the heating element, holding it pretty firmly in place.

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
Thanks for taking the time to photo it and write it up.
Fortunately I was able to reuse some of the pictures I took for another write-up of mine. But you're welcome just the same. I'm happy to give a little back to a forum that I've taken so much from.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

The Jeep got caught in a surprise (unforecasted) rain storm topless and doorless in the driveway last night. The decision to go with the waterproof seat heaters has already paid off.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default heated seats

just got mine in the mail

thanks for a kick ass write up
Old 05-29-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TDJK
just got mine in the mail

thanks for a kick ass write up
Right on! You're welcome. Enjoy them! My wife uses hers all the time.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Ordering mine today.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default neoprene

i have the neoprene smittybuilt seat covers, and yes it does work throught the neoprene, just takes a little longer
Old 12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished the install thanks to this, one of the best write ups I've seen, thanks. Did a couple things different. I took the seat apart, separating lower support and seat back, which made slipping the pads in easy. I only had to remove the front five hog nose rings, not the side ones. Then when I put things back together , I replaced the five hog noise rings with three zip ties.

There are two bolts on each side of the seat that holds the back to the bottom. well, I snapped the head off one of those fifteen mm bolts, ugh.

Also put my switches in a different location. On the face of the console. Ready for cold weather again. And the heat does come right through the neoprene covers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111213_180859.jpg
Views:	1177
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	249554

Quick Reply: WarmSeat Waterproof Seat Heater Installation