Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Write Up: MyGig RHR 730N Install for 2007 - 2010 JK

Old 06-06-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it work?

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
This Unit was Manufactured for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Only and for Export Models.....and since the High Speed was New to the Grand and this being the Last RHR's to go in a Grand, Cost Savings, and No reason for 2 USB in the Back...
Where did you get this Unit from?
I just purchased one of these off eBay. Is it going to work in my 2010 jk?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by preppjoel
I just bought mine off Kijiji in Toronto for $650.
There was one on eBay and he was also selling on Kijiji in TO for $750.

Wrangler forums had a guy selling one for $800.

Just to give you am idea.
IF anyone really wants one I'm willing to take the one I have out of my 2013 MOAB edition for the right price.....with the OEM AMP included
Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dluckychance

IF anyone really wants one I'm willing to take the one I have out of my 2013 MOAB edition for the right price.....with the OEM AMP included
What's the right price? I'm looking for a 730N for my 10AE, preferably with the extra harness to make it plug and play.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dluckychance

I'm looking for one too!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, find this thread on google when looking for RHR

At first I was going to say the hell with mygig becasue I really hate my REN right now. Load songs on the HDD and it wont play them. Sometimes radio stations presets wont shop up.

Still on the fence on weather to go aftermarket or not because it will be way cheap.
Found a RHR for a good price local though.

So what is all needed to go from a REN to RHR in a (2009 Dodge RAM) Yes..lol

I have SAT right now. I see I need that splitter cable
What about the MIC. I see the write up states the 2009s are different then the 2011+

Thanks
Steven
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Old thread but hoping someone can help. I just installed a 730 RHR in my 08 JKU. This one came from a 2011 Ram truck. I get the ram truck logo splash screen upon start up of the jeep. I know this happened to one of the original posters of this thread. Has a fix ever been found for this? Not really a big deal, just would rather it say Jeep at startup.

Paul
Old 05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Usfpaul82
Old thread but hoping someone can help. I just installed a 730 RHR in my 08 JKU. This one came from a 2011 Ram truck. I get the ram truck logo splash screen upon start up of the jeep. I know this happened to one of the original posters of this thread. Has a fix ever been found for this? Not really a big deal, just would rather it say Jeep at startup.

Paul
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler that had the low end factory radio RES with Sirius. I installed a used RHR Navigation unit along with the dual Sirius/GPS antenna. The RHR unit came out of a Dodge RAM truck (2010?). At any rate I have the exact same scenario, when the radio RHR powers up, it has the RAM truck logo. I did upgrade the firmware on my RHR about a year ago, and the RAM logo is still there. So I am not aware of a fix.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:43 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alben
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler that had the low end factory radio RES with Sirius. I installed a used RHR Navigation unit along with the dual Sirius/GPS antenna. The RHR unit came out of a Dodge RAM truck (2010?). At any rate I have the exact same scenario, when the radio RHR powers up, it has the RAM truck logo. I did upgrade the firmware on my RHR about a year ago, and the RAM logo is still there. So I am not aware of a fix.
Ask them to fix it the next time you take it to your dealership (it worked for my last Jeep).
Old 08-22-2014, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fakra part #

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Just went from a MyGig RER tofakra a RHR today.

Here's the write up:

RHR Front (same as RER)

RHR Rear Connectors

Note the Difference that the RHR only has 2 FAKRA antenna connectors, compared to 3 that the MyGIG RER has. This is because the separate SAT Antenna and GPS antenna connectors on the MyGig RER has been combined into a single connector on the RHR.

The AM/FM antenna connector (White Fakra) remains the same as all other Chrysler radios.

The MyGig RHR as well as having a single USB connector on the front panel, just like the RER, additionally has 2 rear side USB connections, which are using a standard "Mini B" USB connection. The same USB connector which is typically found on USB Portable hard drives.

The main connectors remain common between the RER and the RHR, making our lives easier. If you've already done an RER install, then these connectors are plug and play.

Hi do you happen to know the part numbers for the a Fakra connectors shown here on this mygig model?? I have one that is missing the connectors. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a rer for sale 500 in maryland