Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Cooper Tire Review

Old 09-01-2016, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper Tire Review

After 2 weeks, 500 miles and one epic off road adventure and these tires are finally broken in... review time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRspHiev3jA
Old 09-01-2016, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since YouTube is blocked from work (along with all social media and file sharing sites), what tires did you review? The STT Pro?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
Since YouTube is blocked from work (along with all social media and file sharing sites), what tires did you review? The STT Pro?
Yes, great video. What suspension are you running? And what tire carrier? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, I used my phone and watch it.

You missed a couple points... They do chunk on rock if your crawling to the point that you are spinning and bouncing on rock. I've got 5,000 miles on my 37"x13.5-18 STT Pro tires at this point, and I do love them.

Like most mud tires, they get louder as they wear. I'm about 75% tread remaining according to my tread depth gage, I have put on about 750 off road miles, two wheeling trips that were 320 miles each way by interstate, a trip to Columbus Ohio area from Pittsburgh area with Kayaks on the roof that was about 200 miles each way and then the rest daily commuting. So around 1750-2000 miles of interstate driving, 750-ish miles of rocky off road use that includes 6 days around Ouray Colorado and 4 days at Rausch Creek in PA. The rest driving 35-45 mph to work and around town.

They handle great on the roads (26-27 PSI) in both rain and sun, they stick to rocks like glue, they are acceptable in thick mud but not like a more dedicated mud tire (Interco tires) and they do require some revs to get cleaning to work. The sidewalls are simply bulletproof! Wow. My rims are wearing off, but yet there is not a gash or scab on the sidewalls, unlike the BFG tires that looked horrible in the sidewall area.

The look is gnarly, the tread works, the compound is sticky enough yet wears decent, the sidewall tread rocks the mall parking lot like no ones business. Overall, there is no tire on the planet that I would swap out with. I have what I consider the best combination, I'll call it an Extreme All-Terrain. When these get to about 50%, I'll replace like for like.... unless someone comes out with some other revolutionary tire that can compete. For today, I feel that Cooper and the STT Pro own the crown to the best rock/mud tire on the market for street driven rigs. From what I am seeing, I'll get around 10K-15K miles on them before they move to a craigslist ad and get replaced or they would get 20K+ miles if run down fairly low. This is based on my use pattern, a good deal of heavy spinning and smoking on rocks while trying to climb things that I shouldn't be trying to climb!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d. gage
Yes, great video. What suspension are you running? And what tire carrier? Thanks!
Just a 2.5" Teraflex budget boost for now.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
Okay, I used my phone and watch it.

You missed a couple points... They do chunk on rock if your crawling to the point that you are spinning and bouncing on rock. I've got 5,000 miles on my 37"x13.5-18 STT Pro tires at this point, and I do love them.

Like most mud tires, they get louder as they wear. I'm about 75% tread remaining according to my tread depth gage, I have put on about 750 off road miles, two wheeling trips that were 320 miles each way by interstate, a trip to Columbus Ohio area from Pittsburgh area with Kayaks on the roof that was about 200 miles each way and then the rest daily commuting. So around 1750-2000 miles of interstate driving, 750-ish miles of rocky off road use that includes 6 days around Ouray Colorado and 4 days at Rausch Creek in PA. The rest driving 35-45 mph to work and around town.

They handle great on the roads (26-27 PSI) in both rain and sun, they stick to rocks like glue, they are acceptable in thick mud but not like a more dedicated mud tire (Interco tires) and they do require some revs to get cleaning to work. The sidewalls are simply bulletproof! Wow. My rims are wearing off, but yet there is not a gash or scab on the sidewalls, unlike the BFG tires that looked horrible in the sidewall area.

The look is gnarly, the tread works, the compound is sticky enough yet wears decent, the sidewall tread rocks the mall parking lot like no ones business. Overall, there is no tire on the planet that I would swap out with. I have what I consider the best combination, I'll call it an Extreme All-Terrain. When these get to about 50%, I'll replace like for like.... unless someone comes out with some other revolutionary tire that can compete. For today, I feel that Cooper and the STT Pro own the crown to the best rock/mud tire on the market for street driven rigs. From what I am seeing, I'll get around 10K-15K miles on them before they move to a craigslist ad and get replaced or they would get 20K+ miles if run down fairly low. This is based on my use pattern, a good deal of heavy spinning and smoking on rocks while trying to climb things that I shouldn't be trying to climb!
Lots of great information after long term use! Very glad to hear they will still be as awesome several thousand miles from now!!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrailRecon
Just a 2.5" Teraflex budget boost for now.
impressive. What about tire carrier?? I met a local guys who has run his stock carrier for 42k with 35" mud grapplers without incident or any issues. I even made him open the gate to prove it lol
Old 09-01-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind, watched your other video
Old 09-01-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d. gage
Nevermind, watched your other video
I really love how well the spare fits like a glove with the wheel spacer.... hopefully the extra weight own't be an issue over time.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems good!

Quick Reply: Cooper Tire Review