Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Crashed my Jeep into a tree :(

Old 08-28-2014, 06:23 PM
kam
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxcustody
Sucks, but glad it wasn't worse........great looking jeep.
Thanks mate!

Great recovery!

So does AEV make a 2-door roof rack now?
Haha, yeah Jeeps don't need recoveries ^^

Thats an Out4x4 Roof Rack System, fabricated in Australia. I think Rhino Rack took them over, since they released identical product and the Out4x4 Website went offiline
Old 08-28-2014, 09:41 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by kam
Thats an Out4x4 Roof Rack System, fabricated in Australia. I think Rhino Rack took them over, since they released identical product and the Out4x4 Website went offiline
Thanks for the heads up! Turns out there's 3 Rhino Rack dealers in all of northern california. I've been waiting for a solid 2-door rack and have been waiting for AEV to make a 2-door version of their 4-door. Now I don't have to wait!

What's the weight capacity for the platform you have? Attachment is through the hardtop that attaches to metal brackets framing the inside of the window correct?

Thanks again in advance!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM
kam
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Thanks for the heads up! Turns out there's 3 Rhino Rack dealers in all of northern california. I've been waiting for a solid 2-door rack and have been waiting for AEV to make a 2-door version of their 4-door. Now I don't have to wait!

What's the weight capacity for the platform you have? Attachment is through the hardtop that attaches to metal brackets framing the inside of the window correct?

Thanks again in advance!
Correct, it has an inner framing which is holding the rack from inside the hard top. Holds up to 100kg when moving and more if stand still. A big bonus for me was, you can take the Hard top of with the roof rack with no more effort then a stock hard top. It bolts into stock locations.

As far I know Rhino didn't release the 2 door version yet. From what I have heard it should be out by end of the Year.

Last edited by kam; 08-31-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Wow, glad you're okay. Could have been much worse.
Agreed! Good job with the quick thinking. So many would have turned driver and locked up in the moment!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by kam
A big bonus for me was, you can take the Hard top of with the roof rack with no more effort then a stock hard top. It bolts into stock locations.
Yes! Exactly what I've been waiting for. All the other units make it a pain to remove the hardtop. Thanks for the input/help mate!

Quick Reply: Crashed my Jeep into a tree :(