Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Hunting trip in the jeep...

Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Hunting trip in the jeep...

My son and I went hunting for three days, we saw over 40 deer that we could have shot- had they been a buck, but our tags are only good for bucks. Most of this area is under snow this time of the year, and the heat wave is messing with the deer coming together for the rut this year. So we did have deer all around us, but we are explorers first... hunters second... so we ended up just having a great time, We camped on a shelf overlooking some small towns below us... The Pryors represent a very interesting area, high snow coveed peaks, and red rock desert blended together. There once was mining in the mountians- for uranium. Some old sites have signs up warning about radiation and poison gases. The Natives believed the mountains were haunted by the "little people" (fierce warriors who painted their skin like dirt and used poison arrows). Many fossils and even dinosaurs have been found out here.... There is a closed Indian burial ground, a buffalo jump, hundreds of caves, the ground has a lot of arrowheads in it (the natives called it the arrowhead mountains). There are old moonshine cabins, old trapper cabins, prehistoric pits filled with bones of saber tooth tigers and crazt mammals we don't see in North America any more. Wildlife- there is the wild horse range, bighorn sheep, mule deer, mountain lions, black bear, Grizzly bear, bobcats, coyotes, rabbits, skunks, etc... So when we go "hunting" there... we are often just enjoying the history and strangeness of the place. Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWpxIC5QQA
Old 03-25-2017, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks. I enjoyed this!

Quick Reply: Hunting trip in the jeep...