Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Kill switch to disable all stability control features

Old 01-09-2017, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Doesn't installing the switch kill the entire package, unlike any of the OEM modes?
All of the OEM modes still leave ABS, BAS, and the brake lock differential active.
Hey Ronjenx,
Yes the switch kills the entire package. Just look at my dash in the video you will see ABS, Traction Control and ESP lights on signaling they are deactivated.
Not sure if any legit business out there would want to manufacture a product that eliminates factory safety features and accept the liability of drivers that run out of talent and want to blame someone else.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is what is and is not turned off with the OEM method:

The Disable, (steering wheel dance), makes it so the system doesn't turn back on at each start cycle.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great, simple, easy mod but I installed mine with a momentary switch. on my 2009, just hitting the momentary switch disables everything for that iteration of driving. Turn the Jeep off and restart, it's back to normal. Easy to re-engage if needed and nearly impossible for a lawsuit to occur because I can't leave it off and find someone else drove it the next day etc.

Quick Reply: Kill switch to disable all stability control features