Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Surviving Hurricane Matthew in My Jeep!

Old 10-15-2016, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surviving Hurricane Matthew in My Jeep!

Hi Guys,

I hope you enjoy this short video of how I survived Hurricane Matthew in My Jeep!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2xXi8xa-NE Let me know your worst hurricane experience and did your Jeep help you survive?

Thanks for watching!

AdventureDex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane.png
Views:	67
Size:	887.0 KB
ID:	658940  
Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for posting. Makes all of us feel very lucky in the Southeast U.S., best wishes with the recovery efforts.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doc5339
Thanks for posting. Makes all of us feel very lucky in the Southeast U.S., best wishes with the recovery efforts.
Thanks for the comment! It was a very strong storm but we are all thankful there were no serious injuries! Just a whole lot of cleaning up but on the bright side it was a lot of fun being able to take the Jeep out and explore when nobody else could handle the conditions! Thanks for watching!
Old 10-15-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Matthew

We were very fortunate as Matthew's eye stayed about 40 miles offshore so we got minimal damage in this area and personally had none. Being on a barrier island, we were supposed to evacuate but we stayed. It was reassuring to have Jeeps in the driveway in case it really hit the fan.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161007_121245 - Copy.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	658941  
Old 10-15-2016, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drew
We were very fortunate as Matthew's eye stayed about 40 miles offshore so we got minimal damage in this area and personally had none. Being on a barrier island, we were supposed to evacuate but we stayed. It was reassuring to have Jeeps in the driveway in case it really hit the fan.
Thanks for the photo! Cool shot! Yes, I am glad it didnt go over you either because we had alot of damage here. Hundreds of down telephone poles and trees! As soon as it was safe, I hopped in my Jeep to assess the damage. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured but there is a long road ahead of us! Thanks for watching!
Old 10-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

While it didn't help me "survive", mine did take me to work after the massive amount of water we received in the Hampton Roads area. The deepest place I found was about 4' deep to which I attribute my contaminated differential fluid.

Night number one with the rain coming down heavily and generator running already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_193521.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	658944
Old 10-15-2016, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
While it didn't help me "survive", mine did take me to work after the massive amount of water we received in the Hampton Roads area. The deepest place I found was about 4' deep to which I attribute my contaminated differential fluid.

Night number one with the rain coming down heavily and generator running already.

Attachment 658944
Thanks for the comment! Haha maybe "Survive" was the wrong word lol but I wouldn't live through another storm without my Jeep! We didn't have much flooding here but we had winds of 140 MPH! Stuff was flying everywhere! Stay safe out there!

Quick Reply: Surviving Hurricane Matthew in My Jeep!