Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Synergy vs Rock Krawler vs Zone Offroad Coil Springs

Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Between the three brands posted......I didn't need to watch the video to decide which of those in my mind is the best quality. And yes I run Rock Krawler, but that's not the basis for my decision. Like so many others getting into this sport/hobby/passion whatever you want to call it, I had to ask the age old question of which lift, etc. And I did my own research to try and figure out what I thought would work best for me and my intended useage. The basis for my answer in this particular case was more to do with what I've heard regarding the other two manufacturers. Zone...well let's face it....not exactly the best of the best. I've never run their products and don't intend to do so in the future, so of course I have no real world experience as to their actual performance or longevity. Solely based on what I've read and heard. More or less the same goes for Synergy, however I do run their tie rod, drag link, and ball joints. So I know they make great products, but again no experience with their springs. I personally prefer the progressive rate coils RK uses and the fact that over the last 5 years since I've installed them I have yet to notice any significant sagging, even after adding armor, bumpers, etc. So for me personally....yes.....RK for the win.
Synergy coils are progressive rate as well and actually I think they have a longer free length also if I remember correctly. Synergy makes great stuff.

Metalcloak for the win. Lol.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Synergy coils are progressive rate as well and actually I think they have a longer free length also if I remember correctly. Synergy makes great stuff.

Metalcloak for the win. Lol.
I just purchased metalcloak springs. They look better than my budget lift springs out of the box. Have not yet installed them, maybe this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about them though!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run MC, synergy, RK and a few others on my various JKs. My MC lift was phenomenal but I was running the 6 pak shocks. I set up an 07 Rubi project on synergy coils with OME sport intros and it rode great too. My RK coils felt stiff but I was running E rated tires at the time. Moral of the story is there is more than one way to piece together a comfy ride. You have to consider coils, shocks, tires in your decision. I don't hold on to one long enough to comment on durability but I would consider all 3 of these companies to be top notch. Echo previous on Zone. Not sure why it's in this thread.

sent from my work leash
Old 04-26-2016, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
How many people do you think have run all three and can give an honest answer?
*cough*.... me!

Funny enough I've actually ran all three and now happy with Synergy. This is for my current JKU.

It started off with Zone springs as the JK had the 4" kit in it when I bought it. They did well but I found with my aftermarket bumper and kit it sagged quite a lot in the rear and it looked more like a crappy budget boost then an actual 4" lift.

After a bunch of fiddling around ...posts on JK forum, correction wedges, etc.. I bought 3.5" RK springs and I was actually sitting just a little less then I was before with the Zone springs. Still thinking wtf and still not getting anything definitive on the forum, I ran them for awhile. They performed well and the Jeep didn't have the prolonged jiggle as it did with the Zone springs. They felt good but I couldn't get over the sag.

One day it hit me while looking at some RK promo photos that it was probably not all the various suggestions I was getting from everyone but simply the weight. All the RK promo shots were basically stripped down naked JKs with not a lot of weight in them, mine looked like a pig in comparison.

Then compared the photos for AEV and you see fuel caddys, gear, etc.. and in general more weight. Long story short, after trying to deal with the dicks at AEV I was debating between Synergy and Metalcloak. Synergy is substantially easier sourced in Canada so I went with Synergy. I was debating between 3.5 and 4.5"... with my previous weight issues on 4" and RK's 3.5's I went with 4.5" as I expected them to level out a bit.

Well they haven't leveled out much and are still way up there. For the weight I'm running, the Synergy springs outperform my previous RK and Zone springs by far. The ride is wonderful as well in comparison.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KVUJlH0.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	679309
Old 04-26-2016, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I know this isn't one of the 3 brands listed, but it was mentioned sooo... My friend has a 4.5 inch rough country lift. I have a 2.5 TF. My ride sits a quarter inch below his and I have aftermarket bumpers and winch and sliders and rear bumper and what not. Rough country is garbage in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Synergy vs Rock Krawler vs Zone Offroad Coil Springs