Notices
Middle East If you live in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait or other Middle Eastern country and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mopar Trans Cooler Questions - USA to You

Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Trans Cooler Questions - USA to You

Hi Guys,

If you've been reading the posts, the US models for whatever reason are having some serious overheating issues. While I was reading one of these threads, I noticed a forum member from Egypt state that the Egyptian models come with an auxillary trans-cooler. Is this true? And if it is, I would like to call out a favor by having someone over there contact your Jeep dealer and ask them for the part number for that cooler. I was given the chance to talk with a Driveline Engineer at Jeep about my problem and asked that they install an aftermarket cooler to resolve my issue. He told me that they can't install anything not made by Chrysler. When I asked him to install the Aux Trans-cooler that comes on overseas models, he said there is no such item.
If anyone over there can get me a part number for the Jeep auxillary transmission cooler, I would really appreciate it, and I will keep you up to date on our progress over here.

Thanks so much.
JD
Old 07-23-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by itsarubiconday
Hi Guys,

If you've been reading the posts, the US models for whatever reason are having some serious overheating issues. While I was reading one of these threads, I noticed a forum member from Egypt state that the Egyptian models come with an auxillary trans-cooler. Is this true? And if it is, I would like to call out a favor by having someone over there contact your Jeep dealer and ask them for the part number for that cooler. I was given the chance to talk with a Driveline Engineer at Jeep about my problem and asked that they install an aftermarket cooler to resolve my issue. He told me that they can't install anything not made by Chrysler. When I asked him to install the Aux Trans-cooler that comes on overseas models, he said there is no such item.
If anyone over there can get me a part number for the Jeep auxillary transmission cooler, I would really appreciate it, and I will keep you up to date on our progress over here.

Thanks so much.
JD

They are using the coolers from the 05-09 Jeep Liberty. Here is the parts list from the international-only TSB.

FACTORY TRANSMISSION AUXILIARY COOLER

Service Bulletin: Number 07-002-10
Group: Cooling
Date: Feb 16 2010
Subject: Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler Kit

Models: 2007-2010 JK Wrangler (International Vehicles only)

Quantity Part Number Description
1 05183566AA Cooler, Transmission Oil
2 6807188AA Fitting, Hose
2 68071885AA Fitting, Hose
4 04596424AA Clamp, Hose
AR (1) 3879925 Bulk Hose- 1 Installation will rq, approx 64 in.
AR (1) 05013457AA Fluid, Transmission ATF+4
1 06508074AA Bolt
1 050190556AA Foam
AR (1) 04856503 14 5/8 in Bulk (50 ties per pk) Tie,Cable Ties Strap) 1 install will rq 1 tie
AR (1) 05179671AA Corrosion Inhibitor
AR (1) NPN Black Paint.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Done That

I had this kit installed by my dealer in the Spring. Cost to me, 400 bucks. This all-aluminum cooler mounts horizontally across the lower portion of the "cooling module ".Hope to get my money back when "our "T S B" comes out. The risk of having the Jeep go up in flames was too scary.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any updates on this TSB?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by hotdogging
Any updates on this TSB?
Don't know about a tsb.

Here is the kit Jeep has put together for the '07 to '11 JK. Part # 82212486

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PartsIncludedinKit.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	397878  

Last edited by ronjenx; 12-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the part number or anything aftermarket (2012 JK unlimited) that would be beneficial in reducing the heat under the hood while out here in Saudi? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by swisherd
I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the part number or anything aftermarket (2012 JK unlimited) that would be beneficial in reducing the heat under the hood while out here in Saudi? Thanks.
Does your 2012 have a mechanical fan in addition to the electric fan? I know the pre-2012s shipped to the mid-east have that option.
I installed it on my 2008 and it drastically reduced under-hood temperatures.

Another option is a hood with louvers in it. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...n-hood-274796/
I can't vouch for the hood's effectiveness, though.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the information, my JK is an American spec so I didn't get the additional fan as the jeeps sold here come with. I've checked into hood louvers and also removing the inner fender liners. With regards to the louvers though, which pattern is best? I am torn between the poison spyder and gen right (long & on the sides of the hood) designs based on appearances but whichever one allows for better heat escape is likely the one I would purchase.

I appreciate your expertise.

David
Old 03-14-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by swisherd
Thanks for the information, my JK is an American spec so I didn't get the additional fan as the jeeps sold here come with. I've checked into hood louvers and also removing the inner fender liners. With regards to the louvers though, which pattern is best? I am torn between the poison spyder and gen right (long & on the sides of the hood) designs based on appearances but whichever one allows for better heat escape is likely the one I would purchase.

I appreciate your expertise.

David
The 2012+ JKs have the additional mechanical fan over there? If so, converting to the Mid-East spec would be the best thing you can do to improve under-hood cooling.
If you drive on the highway a lot, consider the following:
Removing the fender liners can cause cooling problems on the highway. It raises the pressure in the engine bay which inhibits air flow through the radiator.
Regarding hood louvers, keep them as far forward of the windshield as possible. On the highway there is a high pressure area in front of the windshield. If the pressure is high enough to force air through the louvers and into the engine bay, it can inhibit air flow through the radiator.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by itsarubiconday
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much.
JD
I just ran in to this post and I know is old but I just got 2015 JK and I noticed that I have a trans cooler on it in front of the radiator I looked at a earlier JK and they don't have it. I get jeep realized this issue and added to the new models. If I recall the Cherokee had this issue back in the 90's

Quick Reply: Mopar Trans Cooler Questions - USA to You