Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

anyone done lil moab in St George Utah?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Unless something changed... the last time I was on their site I could download maps and I have paid for no membership that I recall. I do recall it took them a little bit to approve me though (days).
Maybe the paid membership was required to access the GPS files for download. Can't recall.

In the end, the GPS info isn't necessarily needed because some of their members are retired and live within 15 mins of the staging areas. When I've gone outside of an event, I contacted the group and one of they guys came out as lead us on a trail.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Maybe the paid membership was required to access the GPS files for download. Can't recall.

In the end, the GPS info isn't necessarily needed because some of their members are retired and live within 15 mins of the staging areas. When I've gone outside of an event, I contacted the group and one of they guys came out as lead us on a trail.
IDK... I was able to get those as well, but you're right.... the locals are amazing and love to wheel.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got registered with the Utah 4x4 club, but it took about 20 tries. Now I have to wait to be approved, I guess. Waiting on an e mail. Hope it's worth it. So far it's been a major pain.
Anyway I have been to sand hollow, didn't realize all the trails where behind the sand dunes. Even so it's a great place and can't wait to go back later this year.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get the email at 1st. Hit the "RESEND VALIDATION" link

Quick Reply: anyone done lil moab in St George Utah?