Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Completely new, very interested in Moab

Old 11-12-2016, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely new, very interested in Moab

Alright, so not sure how many read my introduction post on this forum but if you haven't, basically I am very new to this whole trail and Jeep-riding experience. Definitely interested in trying it out though.

I live in Colorado but my wife and I are heading down to Utah for a good couple of weeks. Found this mini sub forum and became really interested in MOAB. Can anyone give me any pointers before we head over to Utah for a while? I don't have a Jeep just yet but I want to start off with something cool, even if it means watching others ride the trail.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

I'm from Utah and frequent Moab quite a bit. If you are interested in wheeling with someone I will be there with one other Jeep this coming Thursday night and we will be going out on trails Friday, Saturday and the first part of Sunday. It's always good to wheel Moab with another Jeeper so let me know. Regardless, Moab is a mecca spot for Jeepers and I am convinced you will be hooked on your first trip.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

I grew up in Utah visiting Moab, it's changed a ton over the years!

You could rent a jeep and try some of the milder trails, hopefully linking up with other groups on the trail for safety.

https://www.rme4x4.com/ is a pretty good forum for locals to the area. You may even be able to find a group going and see if anyone has an extra seat. I took random people with me occasionally so people could ride a long and have some fun.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Charles Wells book, find or organize a group and have a good time!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Do it!

Do it! Just go! It's so beautiful - even if you just find some friends to ride along with - totally worth the trip.

Quick Reply: Completely new, very interested in Moab