Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

EasterJeepSafari 2016

Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are arriving in Moab on the 18th and staying until the 27th as well. We r pulling a travel trailer as well as the Jeep and will be staying at Slick Rock Campground. I cannot wait. I am so excited that next month I am planning on heading out there to do a trail or two just to get warmed up. Ha. I just love Jeeping in Moab.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm very interested in going and have 2 other guys with Jeeps that want to go.

Are hotel reservations, etc going to be pretty tough to get already?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I'm very interested in going and have 2 other guys with Jeeps that want to go.

Are hotel reservations, etc going to be pretty tough to get already?
Yes most (if not all) hotels, condos and rentals in the area are probably sold out. If you're thinking of going, better start looking now.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted
Yes most (if not all) hotels, condos and rentals in the area are probably sold out. If you're thinking of going, better start looking now.
I just did an expedia search and things still appear available, and fairly reasonable. We don't need to stay in the best places, but I'm sure accommodations in the area are fairly limited anyhow.

Is registration for the event with the club competitive, like do I need to be camped out on the night of the 18th (I think they start reg on the 19th) in order to secure spots?

My boss told me I can't go, because of a project going live the week of 4/4. "All staff vacation freeze". Guess I better speed up my job search then.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

its my day off so I thought I'd get the trails set up when they opened the registration at 9:00 NW time. It turned out to be like doing a rated 7 trail. The system crashed right off the bat, but with a little redoing I got the trails I was after. Should be another good year.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going for my 4th EJS. Leaving on Friday the 18th and staying until the following Sunday. I've got a KOA cabin..

Poison Spider Mesa - March 20, 2016
Behind the Rocks Tip-Toe w-Hike - March 21, 2016
Gold Bar Rim - March 22, 2016
Flat Iron Mesa - March 23, 2016
Hells Revenge - March 24, 2016
Top of the World - March 26, 2016
Old 01-24-2016, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, I'm totally new to EJS. Do I have to pick my own trails? Is there a guide for first timers? I need an RV park with electric; any suggestions? I'm finally at my laptop tonight to get all of this completed. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Guys, I'm totally new to EJS. Do I have to pick my own trails? Is there a guide for first timers? I need an RV park with electric; any suggestions? I'm finally at my laptop tonight to get all of this completed. Thanks.
There are trail runs hosted by this forum and sponsored runs by manufacturers as well as the "official" Red Rock 4 Wheelers (RR4W) runs. All of them require you sign up in advance and they tend to fill up fast because there's a limited number of Jeeps allowed per run. RR4W requires a fee PER run ($50) which you can select on their website, but you have to secure your spot in advance. They fill up quick.
If you just want to "do your own thing" & run some trails with friends (not sponsored runs) you can, just avoid the trails RR4W reserved that day (or just start a few hours later after they've begun) but with over 40+ trails you'll find something
Old 01-24-2016, 09:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, I just went through all 144 pages of the magazine. It looks like registration is shut down for a few days. I'm hoping the 3-day "junior" package is still available; that would be perfect for me. I also reserved a campsite and see that there are still some hotel rooms available; wished I would have done this two weeks ago! Any other advice I will take. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Registration is back open again

Quick Reply: EasterJeepSafari 2016