Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Heading to Moab in June need help

Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to Moab in June need help

Need some help. We're heading in June and need advice on camping. I am from Colorado and I'm used to just dispersed/backcountry camping. Is this any where in Moab? Also what is the dog situation? I have two and can't decide if I should bring them?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy and I are also heading to moab June 4th. Our first time. Could use some advise on jeep trails to take. Nothing too serious. Both have 2.5 lifts and 35s. Not trying to steal the thread just adding to it and could use some advice.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by No$4upgrades
Need some help. We're heading in June and need advice on camping. I am from Colorado and I'm used to just dispersed/backcountry camping. Is this any where in Moab? Also what is the dog situation? I have two and can't decide if I should bring them?
You looking to stay in a campground with showers and amenities or more of roughing it? Also, if you are planning on doing anything in the national parks, I would not bring the dogs. Dogs are not allowed in the parks.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nbordovsky
A buddy and I are also heading to moab June 4th. Our first time. Could use some advise on jeep trails to take. Nothing too serious. Both have 2.5 lifts and 35s. Not trying to steal the thread just adding to it and could use some advice.
I am going down next weekend. Both jeeps we are taking down also have 2.5 lifts and 35s. We are going to be doing sevenmile rim and fins n things. I dont have lockers or a winch so I am planning on skipping the wipe-out hill option on sevenmile rim. But other than that one part, both should be able to handle them easily. Did fins last year. Easy and way fun. I am going to be making a thread next week so you can follow us on it.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

No problem. How many days are you planning on wheeling down there?
Old 05-15-2014, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

We are staying in Ouray first. Then heading over black bear on the way to moab and will have 2 full days there.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Cool. Those two trails should treat you right then. You might have a little bit of free time after, but there is no shortage of things to do in moab.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Are you guys still heading to Moab in June?

I am heading over with two of my kids, hitting Ouray on June 1, then heading to Moab on the 3rd or 4th for a few days.

I am running a 2" bumper lift with 33's, so not sure what parts of Moab would be best suited for me...White Rim? Can I bypass any of the more difficult obstacles?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

We are staying in Ouray first. Then heading over black bear on the way to moab and will have 2 full days there.
Black Bear pass will most likely still be closed.. It usually doesn't open until late June...
here are a few links for updates. You might want to plan a alternate route...

Backcountry Updates - Silverton Area Chamber of Commerce
Bushducks - Jeep Trail and Backroads Trip Reports<BR>Colorado Jeep Trails and Passes - Opening Dates

if Black Bear isn't all the way open you might still want to drive part way to see some the area... to early for wild flowers but it's still pretty cool...

if the passes are still being plowed and last dollar rd is open, which it should be, I would suggest that.. some awesome views albeit an easy dirt road..
I would also suggest driving up yankee boy basin (even if Imogene pass is closed) it's another beatiful area.... might see some good water falls from snow melt.. and the water falls that made up the Coors commerical are located there.... (I almost postive thats them anyhow)

enjoy the trip....

Quick Reply: Heading to Moab in June need help