Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Noob going to Moab 10/20-10/23. Advice??

Old 09-26-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob going to Moab 10/20-10/23. Advice??

So, we are heading to the motherland in October (the week after the jamboree). So far it will only be my family and my brother in-law in his built Tacoma. I am running an AEV 2.5 and 35s, He is running about the same size lift with 33 M/Ts. Our trail list is: Fins & Things and Hells Revenge in one day, Poison Spider and some hiking in another day, and Top of the World and some more hiking on the last day. I took the recommendations of other threads when coming up with this list. We are toying with the possibility of making a night run. Any suggestions on a good trail for a night run? Is there any other must-do trails? Is there an air-gas supplier in Moab to fill my Powertank if we run out?
Old 09-27-2014, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Armergedon007
So, we are heading to the motherland in October (the week after the jamboree). So far it will only be my family and my brother in-law in his built Tacoma. I am running an AEV 2.5 and 35s, He is running about the same size lift with 33 M/Ts. Our trail list is: Fins & Things and Hells Revenge in one day, Poison Spider and some hiking in another day, and Top of the World and some more hiking on the last day. I took the recommendations of other threads when coming up with this list. We are toying with the possibility of making a night run. Any suggestions on a good trail for a night run? Is there any other must-do trails? Is there an air-gas supplier in Moab to fill my Powertank if we run out?
I'll be there on those same dates. Taking family with me too. Sister and her husband are flying in from DFW and grabbing my second jeep and meeting my folks out there (also from Texas). I might do a pre-run Monday evening with my dad just to get him use to Fins&Things, so that I will feel a little bit more comfortable with someone driving one of my jeeps. Then the morning of either Tuesday or Wednesday we will run Fins. I don't think anyone else in the Family could handle Hells. I just hope they don't get any more rain like they did here the last few days.

Quick Reply: Noob going to Moab 10/20-10/23. Advice??