Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Places to stay in Moab

Old 02-17-2017, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Places to stay in Moab

Haven't seen a thread on this yet though may have just missed it.

Post up where you've stayed, price, and thoughts on it.

The first few times to Moab we stayed at the Motel 6. It's adequate. It's a motel 6. Decent location in town and price. Had a free breakfast. Crowed. Does the job, but again, it's a Motel 6.

KOA was were we hung our hats the last few times. We stayed in the basic cabin once and the upgraded cabins the other times. Price is okay, upgraded cabins are nice. I don't like how you can't have a camp fire or how it's a bit south of town. Having the kitchen area is good if you don't like eating out all the time. It's nice having a spot to store your doors and hard top as well as having a grill at each cabin.

Has anyone stayed at Kokopelli? Thinking of staying there on our next trip.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread. I was just looking at travel routes for me to get to Moab, 31 hours... probably going to have to make it a day or two stop along with other various places to see.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the North end of town because we get membership points for staying there. They also have a free breakfast.

Another place to look into is Vacation Rental Homes By Owner - Gotomoab.com. This is a condo place run by Joe Riley who also has a DIY garage, GotomoabGarage that you can rent a lift to work on your Jeep. I am officially Member #1. During the 2016 EJS I blew both front axle shafts on Rose Garden Hill and had to limp back to town. Just so happened on that evening it rained and flurried a little. It was nice to not lay in the dirt or cold wet parking lot to change my axles.

I have had friends who stayed and Spanish Trails RV Park as well.

Wish I could go this year but finaces are not making it happen.

R/
Will
Old 02-17-2017, 08:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Sand flats in a tent many times always lots of good spots. Motel 6 a few times was ok. Hotel Moab Downtown was ok good breakfast at the Pancake house next door is included. Apache Motel is decent old mom and pop. Staying at the Adventure in 13 days, it is cheap and got good reviews. We are going to camp the first 3 nights along the river than 4 nights at the motel.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I think a few of the Military Jeepers stayed at Apache last time we went and are going to again. Said it was adequate, good price. If I remember correctly, they do give a Military Discount.

Last edited by CJ7nvrstk; 03-01-2017 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are tons of alternative places to stay in Moab that are not national chain motels for about the same price or less, are usually bigger and have kitchens. I have found it to be kind of a bummer to travel so far to a place so unique and then stay a motel that could be anywhere that tend to be busy and noisy.

Also lots of condos and a few homes. Would suggest Moab Flats (walk to breakfast) , Purple Sage, kokapelli west (walk to breakfast) or casa moab. There are more but those are the place I've stayed at or friends have suggested. Of that list I would do Moab Flats or Purple Sage.

Just left Moab. Crazy great weather. Took the Jeep up Hells Revenge. Awesome.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

What about RV locations in the area that are recommended (or not recommended)?
Old 03-06-2017, 03:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jedg
What about RV locations in the area that are recommended (or not recommended)?
There is a KOA just sought of town with full hook ups. I know there are others but this is the only place I've stayed with RV spaces. No camp fires here though.

Come joint the Fort Hood Military Jeepers on our annual spring run. Arrive in Moab 3/12/17 and leave 3/18/17.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
There is a KOA just sought of town with full hook ups. I know there are others but this is the only place I've stayed with RV spaces. No camp fires here though.

Come joint the Fort Hood Military Jeepers on our annual spring run. Arrive in Moab 3/12/17 and leave 3/18/17.
Thanks, I'll have to take a raincheck to next year as I'm deployed. My plan is to visit in 2018.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I have stayed at Portal RV on the north side of Moab. Friendly people and clean place. They have restrooms and a shower house. Full hookups if you have a travel trailer. They also have a condo side to them that has a nicer pool and hot tub for those guests. The RV side has a small lake with beach they call a pool.

Quick Reply: Places to stay in Moab