Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Places to stay in Moab

Old 03-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I have stayed at Portal RV on the north side of Moab. Friendly people and clean place. They have restrooms and a shower house. Full hookups if you have a travel trailer. They also have a condo side to them that has a nicer pool and hot tub for those guests. The RV side has a small lake with beach they call a pool.
Right on. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Just got back last night and Adventure Inn was great. it is older and small but quite and clean as any room I have ever been in. Also cheap ie $40 a night for 1 queen and 48 for 2 queens. I will stay there again.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I have stayed at Portal RV on the north side of Moab. Friendly people and clean place. They have restrooms and a shower house. Full hookups if you have a travel trailer. They also have a condo side to them that has a nicer pool and hot tub for those guests. The RV side has a small lake with beach they call a pool.

Sounds like Caddyshack Ty Webb talking to Carl Spackler "Yeah we have a pool and a pond, the pond is good for you"
Old 03-06-2017, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jedg
Thanks, I'll have to take a raincheck to next year as I'm deployed. My plan is to visit in 2018.
Keep your head down and your powder dry! Hope to see you on a future trip!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it depends on a few things - how long do you plan to hang around where you are staying? How many people are going? What all do you plan to do? And as always....budget!

I stayed at one of the little, cheaper hotel chains and it suited us just fine (there were two of us), as we just wanted a place to shower, nap, and recoup from the long trail rides. But most of the time we were out with friends at the local bars, restaurants.

However, if I were going with a group - I would totally rent a house. For groups of 6+, having a place to hang out after the rides was amazing. We sat outside and drank, cooked out, campfires, etc - all the stuff that is fun with friends but you can do in your own separate hotel rooms.

Finally, my buddy went out by himself (and met up with some other friends), and he stayed at the KOA little cabins. He said it was perfect for him - a warm place to sleep, and it was cheap. (Camping, shared showers - but a bed and heater at night).

So totally depends on budget and number of people. Honestly, I think Moab is so amazing, it's hard to not enjoy wherever you choose to stay.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Moab Hotels are a Total Rip Off

$180+ a night for an absolute dump? That's the Big Horn Lodge.
$185+ a night for a Super 8...SUPER 8!!??
Sorry Moab, you won't be reaming me this year or maybe next. Many of my buds agree that they got too dam greedy.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by azphoto
$180+ a night for an absolute dump? That's the Big Horn Lodge.
$185+ a night for a Super 8...SUPER 8!!??
Sorry Moab, you won't be reaming me this year or maybe next. Many of my buds agree that they got too dam greedy.
you are going the wrong time of year.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

We ended up staying at Homewood Suites this last time. $189 a night with military discount. 2 queen beds, a sitting area, kitchen, full size fridge, pool, gym. Complementary breakfast daily and what they called a social in the evening M-Th that will feed you well so you don't have to buy dinner unless you want to. Great location in town within walking distance of most of Moab.

Great place if you have a wife that likes to be pampered.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Moab has gotten crazy expensive. Seems to have doubled in the past 7 yrs for the same place and same time of year.
We've been renting a 3 bedroom/2 bath condo the last two trips.
Comes out to about $260/nt but split it 2 or 3 ways and it's a deal. You can BBQ, cook, and do all your laundry. Saves a ton of money

Quick Reply: Places to stay in Moab