Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Recommended restaurants in Moab?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sloppy McDouche bag is also anti off-roading!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
No way! The Moab Brewery has been awesome for years! The beer is great also.
that has been my experience as well. I have eaten there at least every moab trip sometimes twice. Never have not gotten my money's worth. their over the top wheat beer is excellent.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure I'm late on this
I agree with most:

Milts
Brewery (good food - weak Utah beer)
Pasta jays
Denny's (just kiddin)
Blu pig was hit and miss for me
Old 12-26-2015, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I should follow up.

Ate at Denny's every morning for breakfast. Food was good, staff was good. Had lunch on the trail every day.

First night we ate at Zax Pizza. I had the chicken parm with alfredo. It was ok. I should have gotten Pizza.

Second night (thanksgiving) we ate at the Moab Brewery. They had a TG spread that wasn't moms but it was decent and filling. Had their stout beer and liked it.

Third night we ate at The Desert Bistro. Ok I'm not normally a fancy food kind of guy and definitely not normally a $50 entrée kind of guy but I thought it would be fun to try fancy food. They brought 3 courses (something Ive never experienced) of what I call "Little Food" that were very tasty. The main dish I ordered was a Bison filet minion that was about 3" thick and 3" in diameter and came with a side of taters, veggies and a baked apple. It was the best fillet I've ever had and now my dream of someday owning a Bison ranch has been confirmed to be a good one. The staff was awesome and her reading of the menu was a show in and of itself. Anyways very positive experience.

Our last night we went to the Moab Burger Co. I got the Mac and cheese bowl. Very good. Staff was nice.

I wish we had more time there. Had a great time in Moab and look forward to doing it again.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. That's courteous of you.

My personal Moab tradition.. watermelon from the roadside melon patch stand at the Green River exit 160 right at the Chevron gas station as we head into Moab, Moab Diner before the trails, can't beat steak after the trails at the Blu Pig, and the last breakfast at Denny's on the way out of town.

Gonna try some of the suggestions here though on EJS2016. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We went to the EJS last year. Pasta Jay's was outstanding, as was the service.

Moab Brewery, on the other hand, had the worst service I've experienced at any restaurant, in years. My kids ordered something simple, burgers, I think, and it took over an hour to get them. I spoke to several different waitresses about getting some help and nothing worked until the last one. They also never came by to refill drinks, even though, again, I asked multiple times. They also took over 30 minutes to bring my buddy the beer he ordered. On the way out, I spoke to someone who appeared to be a manager. She said she was sorry, but that the waitress was new. I was 100% nice and respectful and even gave the waitress 10%. (That's the lowest tip I give.) The food was ok. Not great, but not bad. Beer was good.

We enjoyed the diner with all the Jeep advertising on the tables. I can't remember the name of it, but it was good. Here is a pic from that place.

Also, there's a restaurant at a resort a little ways up the Colorado River. The drive was spectacular, the view from the outdoor seating was equally amazing, and the food was very good. We tried the Rocky Mountain Oysters, on a bet, and they were actually good! My kids even ate them, even after full disclosure! That place is 100% worth a visit. There was hardly anyone there when we went, which shocked me, as it was during the peak crowd in Moab. Better get there before they go under!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150331_195632_zps6qjeqe8z.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	637766  

Last edited by dmwil; 02-15-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

People saying Denny's for breakfast... Moab Diner is cheaper, faster, better service, and significantly better food in my opinion.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dinner on the GoToMoab Garage on Monday March 21st so check it out!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east...3/#post4190997
Old 03-03-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Where would you go to get a box lunch to eat on the trail?

Quick Reply: Recommended restaurants in Moab?