Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Slickrock, two or four wheel drive?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
So this video is a fabrication, it never actually happened? Interesting theory. I don't know what a WOG drone is sorry but I do know what a troll is. Its you.
I know what's WOG drone is. I just think its funny the grudges people hold. It's the Internet. These people need to get over it LOL.

As the the OP, have fun in Moab! Your Jeep will do fine. When in doubt, go 4L. It's all a learning experience, but hopefully you continue to get better advice than the troll on here who thinks he's a know it all, providing condescending comments...
Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check out what the troll lists as his interests in his profile. What a genius!

OP. Have fun Moab. I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dog looked like he was in 4 lo and was doing better then the car in 2 lol
Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
That guy in the Crown Vicky was pretty cool.
Seems to me that video is presenting a POV that 2wd is just fine in Moab.

But it is not... showing a car doing a short portion of one trail is asinine. Furthermore, I have found this user to have posted video in the past, to prove his authority on various subjects.

Ever play telephone? It's way too confusing when hearsay gets spewed... especially when the info was bad to start with.

CW: You got my opinion in the PM

As for my cheering section... you claim it's bad advice to get an inexperienced driver orientated to the rig and wheeling before spending gobs of cash on a trip to Moab? Hearsay and a poorly selected video trump real world experience? Wow... you guys REALLY got brainwashed. Really... instead of bothering me, why don't you go get your post count up at WOG's new site... I promise you'll never have to hear an honest, factual answer again.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ABENDX
instead of bothering me
hahaha Now there my friend is your example of irony you so desperately needed. buh bye
Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Seems to me that video is presenting a POV that 2wd is just fine in Moab. But it is not... showing a car doing a short portion of one trail is asinine. Furthermore, I have found this user to have posted video in the past, to prove his authority on various subjects. Ever play telephone? It's way too confusing when hearsay gets spewed... especially when the info was bad to start with. CW: You got my opinion in the PM As for my cheering section... you claim it's bad advice to get an inexperienced driver orientated to the rig and wheeling before spending gobs of cash on a trip to Moab? Hearsay and a poorly selected video trump real world experience? Wow... you guys REALLY got brainwashed. Really... instead of bothering me, why don't you go get your post count up at WOG's new site... I promise you'll never have to hear an honest, factual answer again.
Wow, you're really obsessed with what that other forum is doing. I just reviews your last posts, and you seem to mention them a lot LOL.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Wow everybody just needs to step back from the keyboards and just relax lol. I understand both your sides. To show a car doing one section of a trail is funny and misleading at the same time. You know how many ppl can't actually drive and still get lucky? I've seen ppl almost flip their buggies and jeeps and then tell everyone how hard the trail is and then I walk up with my jeep then they proceed to say cause I have front and rear lockers and they only have a rear (ps I don't have any lockers only a rear limited slip) and this comes from guys with 35+ years off roading and driving log trucks. So moral of story is OP go have fun and try to hook up with a group instead of going alone and to everyone else you keyboard jockeys calm down haha jk
Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

I've seen a lot of stupid people doing crazy things in Moab. Especially before SUV's and tons of aftermarket parts were so readily available back 25-30 years ago. And before the internet made people think they need a completely built rig to drive a moderate 4wd road.
That includes quite a few 2wd vehicles on the trails.
I saw a full size Suburban on Poison Spider, well past the tough stuff. He was dragging his rear bumper over rocks since he had such a crappy exit angle. I was on a mountain bike and stopped to watch the show. He told me his 4wd went out a year ago. That thing was a pile of rust.
I saw one of those 4wd Eagles on Gemini Bridges once when on my dirt bike. Not one of the bigger ones folks would trick out, but one of the low clearance cars from the early 90's. He was at the bottom of the tough stuff down to the bridge and couldn't get back up. His partner had just driven over the Gemini Bridge in his Jeep, fell off the side and the guy was laying dead next to his Jeep under the arch, but that's another story.
I saw a Mercedes on the slick rock at the bottom of the Shaeffer trail once too. It was beat to hell. The guy told me he drove down one other time and it rained. He couldn't get back up the Shaeffer Trail because it turns to snot in when wet.
People have taken all sorts of vehicles on the slick rock. It depends on how bad they want to beat up the vehicle, and if they can talk someone into extracting it once it falls to pieces.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Well heck. It doesn't really matter for me anyway. Had to cancel the trip. Lack of avail time.

Phooey.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand some of these posts. There's tons to do in moab and for all different skill levels! No need to wait - there are plenty of options there.

I don't understand why people are taking that video so seriously? The guy was asking a simple question - no need for a lecture.

Quick Reply: Slickrock, two or four wheel drive?