Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Slickrock, two or four wheel drive?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I just got back from Moab and I say that about 90% of fins and things can be run in 2wd if you have limited slip. some needs all 4 just because of the steepness but it was damp when we did it. we actually ran it 2X back to back cause it was so fun. I believe that anybody would do fine on fins and things even with 0 experience. It is very forgiving. on our second lap we decided to see how well we could do in 2wd and it was suprising as heck how well you can do. There is no doubt that the whole thing could be done in 2wd if you have good sticky tires.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Cool. Thanks for the input. Took a while for me to get back to this thread.

Regards, CW
Old 05-05-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jadmt
I just got back from Moab and I say that about 90% of fins and things can be run in 2wd if you have limited slip. some needs all 4 just because of the steepness but it was damp when we did it. we actually ran it 2X back to back cause it was so fun. I believe that anybody would do fine on fins and things even with 0 experience.
Glad to hear there are trails newbes can enjoy, heading out there in June… With new Sahara….

Quick Reply: Slickrock, two or four wheel drive?