Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

where to rent jeep from for EJS 2014?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to rent jeep from for EJS 2014?

I drove my Rubicon the 1,500 miles (one way) last year with my wife and the kids, and had the time of our lives! (We were there the week after EJS)

This year going back to do some of the harder trails with myself and three friends the actual week of EJS.

I had 100% planned on renting a Rubicon from Jim @ outlaw. But he told me a few months ago he takes first reservations Dec 1st. I called the day before thanksgiving cause I had time, and he said call back Dec 1st. Well, Dec 1st was a Sunday, so waited to call till Monday the 2nd.

NO ANSWER. I have called his shop, and his cell, leaving multiple nice messages on both, and text him once. No replies. I really don't think he is upset with me in any way. We got along great. I could totally see us wheeling together.

Jim is a great guy, he helped me out last year by fixing my blown axle seal. I had to rent from another company, as he was all out. I really like him, and trust him, and want to rent from him again. But how long do I wait?

If he never gets back to me, who else has nice Rubicons and keeps them maintained nicely?

How long do I wait? Our plane tickets are paid for, and our hotel is booked. A trip to EJS for a week is pointless without a jeep!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We rented in August from Farabee's. They have an office in the Chevron on the south of town. We were happy with the experience and the service. So much so we bought our Jeep afterwards. You can hit Farabee's on the web. Better call them now!

Farabee's Jeep Rentals | Moab, Utah | Death Valley | Colorado | Arizona
Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend Cliffhanger in Moab. Behind Zacks. Best offroad JK JKU And Rubicons in town.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up to what level trails can you take a rental on?

I thought the rental shops would have restrictions?

Trying to figure out how to haul our jeeps out, but the wife is like why don't you fly and rent. I figure I do all this stuff to my jeep, I want to take it. And if I break something, then it's my jeep not someone else's.

Quick Reply: where to rent jeep from for EJS 2014?