Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15" Rim Questions

Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15" Rim Questions

Hey all.
Complete noob here. I have a few questions regarding the 15 rims.
I know that 15" Level 8 Trackers will fit,
however I have heard from one member of another forum and a friend of mine that a 15 rim ith -30mm backspacing will put way too much stress on the axle? They basically said that my axles will "Snap". I want to runn 33's, as I am gonna chop my fenders when warm weather comes, and I can do it with no lift.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run those exact rims with 35" MT/R. I assure you your axle will not "snap" or even close to that. With 33's your axle will be fine, you might have some premature ball joint wear, but with 33's I think thats about it, and depending how you use your rig that might not even happen. Im pretty happy with mine so far, they fit great and I like the offset a lot, gives my Rubi the stance I was looking for.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
I run those exact rims with 35" MT/R. I assure you your axle will not "snap" or even close to that. With 33's your axle will be fine, you might have some premature ball joint wear, but with 33's I think thats about it, and depending how you use your rig that might not even happen. Im pretty happy with mine so far, they fit great and I like the offset a lot, gives my Rubi the stance I was looking for.
That's what I thought. I do go wheeling, but its nothing crazy. Mainly "bunny trails" with some decent obstacles and mostly mudholes.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 15x8 rims with a 35x13.50 toyo and drive the piss out of my jeep without any problems

Quick Reply: 15" Rim Questions