Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ehaust & K&N Air filter

Old 05-28-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ehaust & K&N Air filter

I am fixin to put me a MagnaFlow exhaust & a K&N FIPK kit on my 2011 JK. Between the two, I should gain almost 19 HP along with 12 ft lbs of torque. My question is this, Should I gain on milage also since I will have better flow and less back psi? And, will installing the MagnaFlow void my warranty on the drivetrain? I am hearing different stories and figure y'all would know the answers.OOOOPPPPSSSSS.....It's EXHAUST....lmao

Last edited by CajunTiger; 05-28-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I am fixin to put me a MagnaFlow exhaust & a K&N FIPK kit on my 2011 JK. Between the two, I should gain almost 19 HP along with 12 ft lbs of torque. My question is this, Should I gain on milage also since I will have better flow and less back psi? And, will installing the MagnaFlow void my warranty on the drivetrain? I am hearing different stories and figure y'all would know the answers.OOOOPPPPSSSSS.....It's EXHAUST....lmao
you wont gain mpg or noticable hp. skip these if you're trying to go after power and regear your jeep.

anything you do to your JK can discontinue your warranty with jeep. all they have to do is point the finger.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put on a K&N CAI and used a Diablo sport programmer and gained 10 horse and 20 torque on the dyno at Finish Line Performance. this was with an 87 octane tune. I'm running a few tanks to see the gas mileage and then I will try the 89 octane tune (the Diablo has a 93 tune also). I feel the difference with throttle response and I can merge and pass much quicker. I want to try the 93 and get it dynoed again but I want to work up to it. (Also, the price of gas is supposed to go down after Memorial Day.)
Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just my $.02 here, if I had it to do over again I would have bought a power programmer first (Diablo, Superchip, Bullydog, etc...). The exhaust and CAI only made me sound better (didn't do anything for actual power). I'm sure most guys that did exhaust and CAI first would agree

Last edited by yrubuggin; 05-28-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Ehaust & K&N Air filter