Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 2.5 Coils to get?

Old 02-09-2016, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2.5 Coils to get?

I am going to do a 2.5 coil lift, with the intention to add control arms down the road. I have a 2013 JKU Moab edition. So it has the AEV front and rear steel bumpers already.

Primarily street driven on shitty Cleveland, Ohio pot hole roads. once or twice a month some trails, no extreme rock crawling. This is my Daily Driver.

Want to run 35s. Will most likely be getting the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks.

My questions is what is a better quality coil for 2.5 inch lift?

Would linear coils be better or Progressive coils. I also dont mind spending the money now on better coils.

I have been leaning towards the RK 2.5 stock mod kit since it does come with front track bar. Have ehard good things about their coils and the fronts are progressive.

Just wondering what coils would be better: RK, Teraflex, AEV, or anything else. looks like rough country & Rubicon Express tend to be a cheaper coil.

Thanks for the help, Been doing alot of reading and listening to opinions.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Andysamuel18
I am going to do a 2.5 coil lift, with the intention to add control arms down the road. I have a 2013 JKU Moab edition. So it has the AEV front and rear steel bumpers already.

Primarily street driven on shitty Cleveland, Ohio pot hole roads. once or twice a month some trails, no extreme rock crawling. This is my Daily Driver.

Want to run 35s. Will most likely be getting the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks.

My questions is what is a better quality coil for 2.5 inch lift?

Would linear coils be better or Progressive coils. I also dont mind spending the money now on better coils.

I have been leaning towards the RK 2.5 stock mod kit since it does come with front track bar. Have ehard good things about their coils and the fronts are progressive.

Just wondering what coils would be better: RK, Teraflex, AEV, or anything else. looks like rough country & Rubicon Express tend to be a cheaper coil.

Thanks for the help, Been doing alot of reading and listening to opinions.
Rock Krawler and AEV are both great options. I would recommend getting the AEV Geometry brackets with either kit for caster/pinion angle correction in the interim as it will make a big impact on day to day driving.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

The RK 2.5 Stock mod kit, are the coils triple rate? someone said they had 2.5 triple rate coils on their jk, or is Progressive = Triple rate for RK.

If i go RK for coils i imagine the Stock mod kit is the way to go as it comes with the front track bar and rear bracket, the kit is cheaper than pricing separately.

I heard the Rancho 9000 shocks are really good shocks.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

The RK 2.5 Stock mod kit, are the coils triple rate? someone said they had 2.5 triple rate coils on their jk, or is Progressive = Triple rate for RK.

If i go RK for coils i imagine the Stock mod kit is the way to go as it comes with the front track bar and rear bracket, the kit is cheaper than pricing separately.

both aev and rk are triple rate coils.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

RK's front coils used to be progressive... they've now transitioned to triple rate.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

sounds like the RK coils are the way to go for me from all ive read.

Next ?

Is the JKS track bars (front, and rear) any better than doing just the RK front track bar and rear bracket?

Reason i ask, i can get the RK 2.5 stock mod and add the LCA, or I can get the RK 2.5 Coils, and go with JKS front and rear track bars (no need for rear bracket than i believe) and throw on some LCA and some bumpstops and end links.

Still want to go with the Rancho 9000 i think vs Bilstiens. I like the adjustability of the ranchos for street comfort.

Thoughts?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi

sounds like the RK coils are the way to go for me from all ive read.

Next ?

Is the JKS track bars (front, and rear) any better than doing just the RK front track bar and rear bracket?

Reason i ask, i can get the RK 2.5 stock mod and add the LCA, or I can get the RK 2.5 Coils, and go with JKS front and rear track bars (no need for rear bracket than i believe) and throw on some LCA and some bumpstops and end links.

Still want to go with the Rancho 9000 i think vs Bilstiens. I like the adjustability of the ranchos for street comfort.

Thoughts?
I personally love the RK coils but hated the RK front track bar. I ended up giving mine to my brother and bought a TeraFlex monster track bar and it is sweet. it is so easy to adjust and has more clearance. JKS is great quality but look at the Teraflex front one at least. I also like the Teraflex rear location bracket and my rear axle is 100% centered with that and the stock track bar.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Roll-center is affected by lift height. The plus to the rear bracket is that it raises the axle end of the trackbar, and helps correct one of the issues you caused by lifting.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

So your saying I should do the rear track bar bracket no matter if I keep the stock track bar or get an aftermarket track bar.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi

So your saying I should do the rear track bar bracket no matter if I keep the stock track bar or get an aftermarket track bar.
I would just get the relocation bracket (axle side)

Quick Reply: Which 2.5 Coils to get?