Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" Teraflex coil lift and adjustable track bar

Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Teraflex coil lift and adjustable track bar

I installed the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift to replace a Teraflex leveling kit that I previously installed. I didn't realize that in putting on that much lift, the axles shifted enough where I really notice it. The kit comes with a rear track bar relocation bracket so that probably explains why the look in the rear is not as bad as the front but it's still measurable. Of course, Teraflex has rightly pointed out that an adjustable track bar would solve this problem and they sell a great one for another $250. The problem then is that if I knew that a $250 part was needed to make it look right, I could have bought one of the other kits that comes with the adjustable track bar for a little more money like the Black Diamond kit. I'm disappointed to be out an extra $250 for what I see as a necessary part. I suppose the goal is to get the cheapest kit for that amount of lift and sell a million of them instead of being $250 more and not selling any.

A few questions:

1. Has anybody else had this issue and done something to fix it OTHER than the adjustable track bar?

2. Is this just cosmetic or is there a ride or safety concern here? I read some products making it sound like the center of gravity of off unless you buy their part.

3. Does it make sense to do both a front and rear adjustable track bar or is the relocation bracket enough? I see all the manufacturers seem to sell fronts and rears.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

After I sheared the axle side welds on my mounting bracket with relocation bracket I went with the Poly bracket. It's a reinforcement/ relocation bracket. Weld on or bolt on. Thing is stout and also relocates the steering stabilizer. Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

You can get any Adj Front Trackbar. Rough Country has one that's 2.5"-4" lift and costs $110. JKS has one that's only $169 for 0"-6" lift (very popular).

Or you can get any front trackbar bracket. Don't exactly need a adj trackbar.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the JKS for the price. It seems like I would be better off buying both the front and rear JKS than just the front in the Teraflex.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You pay the extra for the teraflex because it is a higher quality kit. The reason they provide a relocation bracket for the rear but not the front is that an axle side bracket up front will change your steering geometry and throw off the handling. I have f/r JKS trackbars which Im very pleased with. It sucks having to fork over more money but its the nature of the game. You gotta pay to play.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

And you don't NEED it. Clearly, you're more observant or critical, but I can't to this day see any offset on my front axle with the TF 2.5 coil lift and stock track bar.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Blatant
And you don't NEED it. Clearly, you're more observant or critical, but I can't to this day see any offset on my front axle with the TF 2.5 coil lift and stock track bar.
Correct! You do not NEED a adjustable trackbar for this 2.5" kit. Do not do a front trackbar bracket either with a kit this size.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there anything in the installation that could lead it to be more out of center?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
You pay the extra for the teraflex because it is a higher quality kit.
Which is why I bought the Teraflex. I'm actually on my third or fourth kit from them but haven't felt let down in the past.

Originally Posted by D_engel
You gotta pay to play.
Yeah, I've learned that. New engine, fuel tank, ball joints, u-joints, etc. The warranty has been critical. If I didn't have that, I'd sell the Jeep even though I like it. I don't think I'd own a Chrysler product out of warranty again unless I went back to a TJ.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JFDATLAW
Is there anything in the installation that could lead it to be more out of center?
Did you loosen up every control arm/track bar bolt?

Quick Reply: 2.5" Teraflex coil lift and adjustable track bar