Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5in Teraflex lift issue?

Old 10-20-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aldaman
After seeing the new pic you posted up it looks like you have two correction brackets. One on the top and one on the bottom. You only need to use one. Take one of them out and that should center your axle.
The top(frame side) is actually just the stock mounting location. No brackets or anything.

Unless your referring to the bottom bracket. Which is just one big bracket
Old 10-20-2016, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by silverbullet88
The top(frame side) is actually just the stock mounting location. No brackets or anything.

Unless your referring to the bottom bracket. Which is just one big bracket
If the top bracket is the factory one, then basically you will need an adjustable rear track bar to center your axles. It doesn't look like the bracket from the TF kit addressed that. If you do get the adj TB ditch the TF bracket and only use the adj TB
Old 10-21-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If that photo is at ride height I would say the issues is that you are not getting enough height out of the coils. Did you take any actual measurements of what you had before and after?
Old 10-21-2016, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If that photo is at ride height I would say the issues is that you are not getting enough height out of the coils. Did you take any actual measurements of what you had before and after?
Interesting thought. The front I yielded a little over 3. I did not take any any measurements for the rear. It is definitely higher in the front than in the rear. Not much.

See the lean?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3305819825.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	842.8 KB
ID:	659415  
Old 10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would taking the bracket completely off move the axle back passenger side? I know it would not be ideal for the roll center of gravity.

Thoughts?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet88
Would taking the bracket completely off move the axle back passenger side? I know it would not be ideal for the roll center of gravity.

Thoughts?
Yes it should move the axle more to the passenger side. And yes you are not getting enough lift in the rear something is up maybe wrong springs or do you have piles of bricks in the back, lol?

There should actually be no rubbing no matter what's in the back IF all the components of the lift are correct. The kit should allow use of your full suspension travel with no rubbing. I suspect you have received the wrong trackbar bracket. But that ass looks way low too! That bracket looks to raise the mount 4 or 5", which seems high for a 2.5" kit.. You need to pull that bracket for now and then contact teraflex, imo

Just as a second thought, are those aftermarket control arms? If so are you sure they are oriented properly?

Last edited by Biginboca; 10-26-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Yes it should move the axle more to the passenger side. And yes you are not getting enough lift in the rear something is up maybe wrong springs or do you have piles of bricks in the back, lol? There should actually be no rubbing no matter what's in the back IF all the components of the lift are correct. The kit should allow use of your full suspension travel with no rubbing. I suspect you have received the wrong trackbar bracket. But that ass looks way low too! That bracket looks to raise the mount 4 or 5", which seems high for a 2.5" kit.. You need to pull that bracket for now and then contact teraflex, imo Just as a second thought, are those aftermarket control arms? If so are you sure they are oriented properly?
When installing the lift, I did the rear first and it was definitely sitting higher than the front. So I know it lifted it to some extent. With how stiff the springs still are I have a little over 3" of lift in the front still. Hmm maybe only got around 2" in the back.

The control arms are the Teraflex extended fixed length. I'm almost 100% positive that the arms are installed correctly. Teraflex didn't say anything when I showed them the picture. Maybe I'll send a few more.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:37 AM
JK Junkie

Some people including myself got little height n the rear. The bracket is supposed to center the axle pretty close but thats assuming 3" of actual lift (same as correction). A 2.5 lift like TF's should net about 2" in the rear so even the lower hole might cause over correction. The upper hole WILL make it worse like you said.

First check the height and add a spacer if needed to get at least 2" or Superlift makes a track bar that adjusts shorter then stock.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am now sure I need to flip the control arms end over end.
Lol. Long side needs to be at the frame.

I'll post pics after I switch.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

My teraflex 2.5 lift shorted me in the back too. Installed 1" coil pucks. Leveled right out.

Supposedly tera does it to even out factory rake...

Quick Reply: 2.5in Teraflex lift issue?