Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 inch spacer bb question.....

Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 inch spacer bb question.....

So yesterday i installed a set of mopar 18/ 59 coils and a 2 inch bb on my 2010 2 door sport. Everything appears to be working fine and i got about 3.5 inches of lift for a couple hundred bucks total. My question is, should i be able to see the spacer sitting on top of the coil in the front? And lastly, i now have a "squeak" coming from the back everytime i hit anysort of bump now. Any ideas why or how it can be resolved?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes, you should see the spacer.

the squeak is probably the tracbar, but it is almost impossible to tell. if you didn't already you should loosen and retorque the trackbar at ride height.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Check your shock mounts for the squeak. I left my top ones loose once and it was squeaking quite a bit. This was like 10 mins after a friend told me about recalls on squeaky tailgates, I was convinced the tailgate was doing it until I torqued the mounts down.
I did the same thing didn't tightnen the shocks all the way and had a sqeak and a clunck.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepin_tiger
yes, you should see the spacer.

the squeak is probably the tracbar, but it is almost impossible to tell. if you didn't already you should loosen and retorque the trackbar at ride height.
Ok. We put everything back together while it was still up on jacks. We re-tighened everything again after it was on the ground but I will go back and re-do it all at ride height and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Check your shock mounts for the squeak. I left my top ones loose once and it was squeaking quite a bit. This was like 10 mins after a friend told me about recalls on squeaky tailgates, I was convinced the tailgate was doing it until I torqued the mounts down.
I think everything should be pretty snug. I used an impact wrench (wisely) for everything so it should be tight but I will check. Thanks for the input!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jesse0376
I did the same thing didn't tightnen the shocks all the way and had a sqeak and a clunck.
I have a squeak but no clunk. We used an impact wrench as I mentioned in another reply so I think everything should be tight and go to go but I am going to check it tomorrow. Thanks again for the input. Im pretty stoked at all the help that is available on here.!

Quick Reply: 2 inch spacer bb question.....