Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 rubicon...37'' tires...drive line mods???

Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 rubicon...37'' tires...drive line mods???

i have seen a few threads on this subject already.. and i have read most of them twice... but i think to be satisfied i need to post my own and see what i get.. so i was wondering.. what i would need to do to run 37's on my 08 rubicon and not have to worry about anything breaking...
i have chromo's for the rear and i am putting 4.88 R&P's in... i was thinking about getting the axle tube sleeves and gusseting the C's.. was wondering if trussing the axle is a must.. and i am seeing that getting CMT u joints is a good idea... i was wondering if the chromo's up front were a must.. and also i was wondering if there were any other area's that i should address.. im looking to only have to do this build once, so i want to get it rite the first time.
i live in PA so i get all driving conditions.. and i wouldnt say i wheel anything too crazy. but with 4.5 inches of long arm suspension and 37's i might get a little froggy.. im not too heavy on the gas, i like to let the low gears do the work. im not too into mud... i like hills, and being in PA chances are there are some rocks on those hills.. so with all that in mind.. i would really appritiate any input that you might have... thanks alot!

Quick Reply: 2008 rubicon...37'' tires...drive line mods???