Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011+ manual transmission bezel

Old 04-18-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011+ manual transmission bezel

I have purchased the rough country 1.25" body lift that included the bumper relocation and shifter relocator. I know in the previous models it was the rubber bezel showing, but I have the leather-ish one showing instead. How can I get down to the shifter base itself to install the reloctor if the leather is in the way? Just a note, I have the knob off already, I replaced that with a custom one a couple years ago, but I need to remove the lower half to get the base itself. Any help would great, I have googled, youtubed, and every other avenue of approach I can get.

Since I know you guys will probably ask lol.
I am doing the body lift instead of coil spacers because I already have a 3/4" coil spacer and while yes I could go up to the 1 3/4" spacer I am afraid of how it might affect my ride ability. The 3/4" changed the driving of the jk, although for the better (smoothed it out), I cannot guarantee that it will also improve further, stay the same, or get worse with a newer height.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Daily bump, I can't believe no one else has tried to install the shifter relocator or knows how? All else fails I guess I'll try to figure it out and do a write up on it
Old 04-19-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Still an unknown? I finally stumped jk forum!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the bezel comes off the same way are the rubber one. That is as far as my knowledge goes I don't have the shifter relocation.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

I'm going to dig into it and find out I guess
Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey! Have you figured this out yet? I've been looking around and the only instructions I've found actually say to remove all the centre console!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

I haven't gotten to it yet, I looked and I don't have the typical screws to even remove the center console. I am thinking that's going to be the only method
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't know if this will help but go to RedlineGoods website. They sell custom shifter boots and have the installation instructions on their website. It may just show you what you need to know.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Don't know if this will help but go to RedlineGoods website. They sell custom shifter boots and have the installation instructions on their website. It may just show you what you need to know.
Yeah, I've seen it! It basically shows what we discussed before: remove the whole centre console to gain full access to all of the shift lever!

Quick Reply: 2011+ manual transmission bezel