Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 2dr Rubicon suspension ???

Old 11-27-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 2dr Rubicon suspension ???

currently i have a teraflex leveling kit which consists of ( 1" in rear and 2" front )...
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72d2a
i bought a new bumper/winch and also
bought 2.5" pro-comp front coils to replace the spacers and compensate for the extra weight..
What will i need to go with the new coils???
I'm thinking, shocks,bump stop extenders,
Old 11-27-2015, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A receipt to return the procomp coils. Sounds funny, but it's a serious answer.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
any suggestions then....
Old 11-28-2015, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sooo give him a suggestion....
Old 11-28-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleJeeps
currently i have a teraflex leveling kit which consists of ( 1" in rear and 2" front )...
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72d2a
i bought a new bumper/winch and also
bought 2.5" pro-comp front coils to replace the spacers and compensate for the extra weight..
What will i need to go with the new coils???
I'm thinking, shocks,bump stop extenders,
What size tires are you going to run?

I am running 4 door coils with mine and it helped with the extra weight of bumper and winch and when loaded down on trips. I am running just stock 255 BFG's for now and will upgrade later.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Better to get coils designed for jeeps with added weight and ones known to be quality. Procomp is neither. Something like Metalcloak would be the way to go.

I assume you already have shock extensions? If so, you can swap the coils in and leave it as is. Your shock will be the limiting factor, but that's fine unless you feel the need to have more suspension travel.

Bump stops are fine unless you swap shocks and then you just need to adjust so they don't over compress.

Again, if you have shock extensions, keep it simple and just swap the new coils in and remove the spacers. Done. Your call on which coils to use...
Old 11-28-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

ok so i have 285/70r17 nitto, no shock extenders....i decided to return the pro-comp coils and go with OME 2'' heavys and bilstein 5100 and bump stops...am i missing anything...
Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Nope. If your brake lines are still in the metal brackets, remove those brackets. That will give you plenty of length. If you are not sure what I'm referring to, go to the AEV website and look up the 2.5" lift, then open the instructions. It will show you in there what to do.

As for the bumps, set them so you don't over compress the shock and you are good to go. If you end up with more than 2.5" of lift and the steering feels flighty or ride is stiff, you can try going to the center hole on those ego brackets you have. I had those a while back and I think I went with the center hole for the best ride and steering.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Nope. If your brake lines are still in the metal brackets, remove those brackets. That will give you plenty of length. If you are not sure what I'm referring to, go to the AEV website and look up the 2.5" lift, then open the instructions. It will show you in there what to do.

As for the bumps, set them so you don't over compress the shock and you are good to go. If you end up with more than 2.5" of lift and the steering feels flighty or ride is stiff, you can try going to the center hole on those ego brackets you have. I had those a while back and I think I went with the center hole for the best ride and steering.
yep ok thanks for the help..
Old 11-28-2015, 04:00 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

How much weight are you adding? the OME HD coils are made for quite a bit of weight. I had a heavy steel bumper and 8000# winch and I got over 3" of lift from them. I think you would be better off with a standard quality 2" coil.

Quick Reply: 2012 2dr Rubicon suspension ???