Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Wrangler steering wander. NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 04:15 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Not to argue, but there's really no need for front uppers if you have lowers. if your castor is set at 5* from the lowers and it's causing problems with your driveshaft, adding adjustable uppers won't solve anything; at least not without lowering your castor back down, which could be done by adjusting the lowers again.

That said, I do agree that geometry brackets are probably a better choice for you. I'm not sure of your wheeling habits but I would assume since you have 20's the small loss of ground clearance won't be a problem for you: which is their only real downfall.

As mentioned, I said "may"......as I have no way of telling if he's made (or the previous owner made) any upgrades in the DS department and since he doesn't even know how much lift he has, we have no idea if his axle is even centered correctly. Then on top of that, we don't even know if he wheels the thing lol

Old 03-15-2017, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohio2012wrangler
Thank you to everyone for the response.

I'm running toyo open country m/t tires. All control arms are not adjustable. The pitman arm looks to be stock. I do not have the front track bar relocation bracket installed because the "expert" at the parts website said I didn't need it when I ordered he flip drag link. Caster is incorrect. So I guess I'll need to spend $1,200 for 8 double adjustable control arms?

The movement I'm experiencing is like constant wandering, flighty, almost floating of the front end steering. Even on new pavement.
I had the same feeling after RK track bar end bushing took a crap on me and had to use the stock one. Seemed like the Jeep was nose diving during braking and lifiting off the ground when accelerating. I would look at a installing a raised track bar bracket and an upgraded track bar like Rock Krawler, Synergy, or Currie. Be mindful not all trackbars are equal and have quality joints. I have the Synergy becuase I needed one and could not get the Rock Krawler Joints.

R/
Will
Old 03-15-2017, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I think I'm going to try. I found a synergy bolt on front track bar relocation bracket and the AEV front control arm lowering brackets. Also ordering the 3 inch bump stop extensions. If any of this is a wrong choice please let me know. My feelings won't get hurt.

I do wheel the jeep on moderate trails, I just don't hit the mud pits.

Chuck-the-ripper I live near Athens, Ohio, southeast along the Ohio River.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:48 AM
DJ1
Former Member

This is what I think I'm going to try. I found a synergy bolt on front track bar relocation bracket and the AEV front control arm lowering brackets. Also ordering the 3 inch bump stop extensions. If any of this is a wrong choice please let me know. My feelings won't get hurt.

I do wheel the jeep on moderate trails, I just don't hit the mud pits.

Chuck-the-ripper I live near Athens, Ohio, southeast along the Ohio River.

There was actually someone here (I'm pretty sure it was here or maybe it was at JKO) that had a front Synergy TB relo-bracket for sale. This was just within the last day or 2. Probably can save some money there if you can find the 4 sale AD.

Sounds good so far. Link up with Chuck if you can so he can take a look. Just don't follow him on the trail because you'll probably end up breaking something lol

Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
There was actually someone here (I'm pretty sure it was here or maybe it was at JKO) that had a front Synergy TB relo-bracket for sale. This was just within the last day or 2. Probably can save some money there if you can find the 4 sale AD.

Sounds good so far. Link up with Chuck if you can so he can take a look. Just don't follow him on the trail because you'll probably end up breaking something lol

Thanks, I'll try to find the ad.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:48 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Thanks, I'll try to find the ad.
Found it.....$80

----> NOR-CAL SWAP MEET buy/sell/trade - Page 35 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

You may want to ask him or check that all of the parts/bolts/nuts/washers are there.....

Last edited by DJ1; 03-15-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I have new tie rod, new synergy drag link flipped, and new synergy track bar.
Just to verify, you actually drilled out the knuckle and moved that end of the draglink up? Or you ust bought the draglink and installed it where the stock was?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Just to verify, you actually drilled out the knuckle and moved that end of the draglink up? Or you ust bought the draglink and installed it where the stock was?
Drilled out the knuckle to 7/8, put the adapter in and then the draglink on top.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Any idea if a Pro Comp track bar relocation bracket will work to flip a Synergy Drag link? I have the adapter and their track bar, but I didn't see a need to spend extra on the bracket.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRich26
Any idea if a Pro Comp track bar relocation bracket will work to flip a Synergy Drag link? I have the adapter and their track bar, but I didn't see a need to spend extra on the bracket.
I tried to look it up but I couldn't find any info. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and see if that fixes the problem. To be safe I'd use the synergy.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler steering wander. NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!