Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Jeep JK Mods

Old 08-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2013 Jeep JK Mods

I have a Rugged Ridge air intake plus aFe throttle body and Dynomax exhaust being delivered this week and excited to install. I will post again with my thoughts on this setup soon....
Old 08-21-2014, 10:37 PM
RBO
JK Newbie

Wink Update; JK Mods

I installed the air intake, throttle body spacer and exhaust immediately after UPS delivered the parts. It took me a little over 3 and half hours mainly because the removal of the old exhaust. It took some finesse to get the air intake installed and I learned that sometimes instructions are not the best way to go. These installs were fairly easy and straight forward anyway.

I was a little concerned with the cheaper products but after my drive into work, I do have to say that I am impressed with the improved throttle response and power. I really haven't been on a long trip to see improved gas mileage as it has stayed the same. I will have to re-learn how to get the best mpg and will add to this post when I figure it out.

Overall, I am happy with this setup and I don't have any complaints. I do want to mention that I had to be creative when I reinstalled the air sensor into the new intake because there wasn't a gromit included so used the rubber mount from my old air box that I was instructed to remove. It works and is only temporary. Another bump in the road is that the Dynomax exhaust clamps are too big so I bought 21/2 inch clamp for the part that mounts together with the existing pipe and took a piece of the old clamp and placed it between the new clamp and exhaust tips which worked perfectly.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:35 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0016.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	572596Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0017.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	572597Click image for larger version

Name:	1408636964.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	572598Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0015.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	572599
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0013.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	572600  
Old 08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
RBO
JK Newbie

Default Gas mileage

I was able to pull off 21.3 to 22.2 mpg today with the setup mentioned above.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RBO
I was able to pull off 21.3 to 22.2 mpg today with the setup mentioned above.
That's pretty damn impressive!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you running a programmer or any kind of tuner?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:59 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aldonoward3
Are you running a programmer or any kind of tuner?
Nope, just wussy footing the gas peddle.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you wouldn't mind could you call Tech and let them know this. Stuff like this I like to get into our call reports. Their number is 734-384-7806.
Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by RBO
I installed the air intake, throttle body spacer and exhaust immediately after UPS delivered the parts. It took me a little over 3 and half hours mainly because the removal of the old exhaust. It took some finesse to get the air intake installed and I learned that sometimes instructions are not the best way to go. These installs were fairly easy and straight forward anyway.

I was a little concerned with the cheaper products but after my drive into work, I do have to say that I am impressed with the improved throttle response and power. I really haven't been on a long trip to see improved gas mileage as it has stayed the same. I will have to re-learn how to get the best mpg and will add to this post when I figure it out.

Overall, I am happy with this setup and I don't have any complaints. I do want to mention that I had to be creative when I reinstalled the air sensor into the new intake because there wasn't a gromit included so used the rubber mount from my old air box that I was instructed to remove. It works and is only temporary. Another bump in the road is that the Dynomax exhaust clamps are too big so I bought 21/2 inch clamp for the part that mounts together with the existing pipe and took a piece of the old clamp and placed it between the new clamp and exhaust tips which worked perfectly.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax
If you wouldn't mind could you call Tech and let them know this. Stuff like this I like to get into our call reports. Their number is 734-384-7806.
Much appreciated.
Can you call Fiat along with them? Tell them how to fix the Wrangler the right way so we dont end up with IFS and other stupid changes to the Wrangler. Haha
Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chronotripper
Can you call Fiat along with them? Tell them how to fix the Wrangler the right way so we dont end up with IFS and other stupid changes to the Wrangler. Haha
If IFS comes along, there will be many SA swaps happening.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JK Mods