Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-15 JKU Slush Mats? Mopar vs WeatherTech vs AEV?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014-15 JKU Slush Mats? Mopar vs WeatherTech vs AEV?

Gang,

I've seen a lot of threads on here about floor protection, but those are all for the older body styles. As I just took delivery of my second JKU on Wednesday my first mod is going to be floor protection. On my 2008 I ran WeatherTechs as I have in pretty much every car I've owned since finding WeatherTech and loved them except for two things. One, the rear seat slush mats didn't really seem to want to stay in place, even after I used velcro to hold them. Two, the passenger side front floor mat started to "roll" from the door sill into the foot well.

Looking at the new MOPAR mats they look like they're REALLY fit to the vehicle which I like, including going back under the rear seat. I'm not to crazy about the tire track tread pattern though.

The AEV's look pretty decent and the price is fair but I've never used AEV floor mats before and don't know anyone who has.

The WeatherTechs were my first instinct but they're just as pricey as I remember them and their trunk mat has that cutout for the subwoofer which I don't have.

Anyone with a 2014 or 2015 running any of these options and can weigh in?
Old 07-24-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
Gang, I've seen a lot of threads on here about floor protection, but those are all for the older body styles. As I just took delivery of my second JKU on Wednesday my first mod is going to be floor protection. On my 2008 I ran WeatherTechs as I have in pretty much every car I've owned since finding WeatherTech and loved them except for two things. One, the rear seat slush mats didn't really seem to want to stay in place, even after I used velcro to hold them. Two, the passenger side front floor mat started to "roll" from the door sill into the foot well. Looking at the new MOPAR mats they look like they're REALLY fit to the vehicle which I like, including going back under the rear seat. I'm not to crazy about the tire track tread pattern though. The AEV's look pretty decent and the price is fair but I've never used AEV floor mats before and don't know anyone who has. The WeatherTechs were my first instinct but they're just as pricey as I remember them and their trunk mat has that cutout for the subwoofer which I don't have. Anyone with a 2014 or 2015 running any of these options and can weigh in?
I don't have the weathertechs yet but fixin to order them. I like the rear with the sub opening.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

On my '14 JKU I got mopar slush mats (mainly because I had a 20% off coupon from my dealer) and they're holding strong still 1.5 years later. They fit really well and stay in place, I got used to the tread pattern. They don't go as far up along the sides as I would like, though, which is where it seems weathertech can't be beat.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

I have the mopar slush mats in my Unlimited as well. As said, they don't go up as high as in used to seeing weather tech ones, the tire tread design is definatly personal taste specific (I personally like it but I'm a dork), ive had no shifting problems (and have popped them off the pins a few times for hose down. They clip back in firm yet easily). I figure by the time I personally wear them out I'll be itching to pull all the carpet anyway...
Old 07-24-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Jeep tread pattern grows on you, and they look factory. Alot cheaper too. They click right in and dont move. Only issue is the back ones could cover more...fronts seem fine. for me they are temporary fix till I can pull carpet and bedline anyway, then I'll be selling I guess. Unless I can keep find a way to incorporate the clips that hold them in....then I may keep them as they are great for collecting small rocks and most of the dirt so I can just dump out and not need to vacuum.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally feel the weathertechs are the best for protection

David
Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I personally feel the weathertechs are the best for protection

David
I've had the Quadratec mats in my '09 since it was new. The floor mats front & rear look like new when cleaned up. Can't say the same for the cargo area mat, which has pretty mch fallen apart. I always carry my tools, spare parts, fluids and emergency stuff in the back and six years have taken their toll. That aside I highly recommend the Q-tec floor mats.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had the slush mats, wore a hole in the heel at the acc pedal after a couple of years. Went with Weathertechs like I have in other vehicles and haven't looked back. Not having the raised edges like on the WTs sucks.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for the quadratec mats, have been good in my 13
Old 07-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Very happy with the Mopar mats in my '15. Had them in my '07 for several years, and they held up great.

Quick Reply: 2014-15 JKU Slush Mats? Mopar vs WeatherTech vs AEV?