Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 JK Sahara getting lifted today!!!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 JK Sahara getting lifted today!!!

Bought the rancho 4" kit with the RS9000XL shocks and the RS7000MT stablizer. I'm going to keep my stock 18" wheels and run 1.5" spacers. Decided on the 305/70/18 Dick Cepek Fun Country. I'll post pics here when it's complete. I hope it turns out looking like what I have in my head!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

A 4" lift with 34" tires will leave a pretty large wheel well gap. 4" also will most likely destroy your front driveshaft eventually, did you order a new one?

To clear 34's, all you really needed was a 2.5" lift!

Good luck with the build, post your results in the "Show and Tell" board.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jowens
Bought the rancho 4" kit with the RS9000XL shocks and the RS7000MT stablizer. I'm going to keep my stock 18" wheels and run 1.5" spacers. Decided on the 305/70/18 Dick Cepek Fun Country. I'll post pics here when it's complete. I hope it turns out looking like what I have in my head!
If you decide to put flat fenders, those tires will look tiny! It's your Jeep and do what makes you happy, just something to consider.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Wow... Thanks for the feedback. I think it turned out good.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Looks great!

I too have a JKUS with Rancho 4" (older style Sport Lift) but with a little bigger tires (315/70R17 Duratracs) and my JK is a little older (2010). I like my Sahara fenders that's why I will NEVER go with flat ones. I went 4" for extra fording height. I know it's not as stable but it does have better ground clearance and besides, there aren't many rocks in Florida but lots of swamps and beaches.

As far as drive shafts, I've never had an issue with mine originals. With the relocation brackets the pinion angle is right on target. After 3 years of driving with this kit, I've never had any issues and never wanted to change anything.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess every set-up is different in its own way. I run 4" lift and 35s with flat fenders which were necessary because at full stuff there is less than a bee's dick in it and would rub with stock fenders. Had this set-up for bit over a year and it is evident that my front drive shaft won't last.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150527_133655.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	612414  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

How does the ride feel? Any more pictures of the side with the spacers?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

It's raining it's ass off here today but I'll get pics and measurements when it lets up. I haven't had a "lifted rig" since prob high school almost 20 years ago so the ride is all new to me. I can def feel the sway difference riding down the road and it definitely rides stiffer then stock. I have the shocks set on a 6 right now so I need to look into that a little. Tires are at 35# of pressure. The spacers definitely helped with keeping the stock wheels. I'm pleased with how the whole thing turned out. I will say the exhaust modification to keep it away from the front drive shaft was the worst part. You gotta cut it right above the k member and you're better off removing the piece from before the cat to the first cut to do the second cut.

I guess I didn't do enough research with all the front drive shaft talk. I'll look into it. I don't really plan on offroading the jeep much for now. I'll keep up my impressions as time goes on.

Last edited by jowens; 05-27-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Here's a couple more pics to show tire clearance etc.

front tire clearance (don't mind the shock boots, those are coming off)

rear tire clearance

Both of those measurements are taken from the ground obviously
Old 05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good, did they address, by chance the exhaust?
What can happen is during droop the drive shaft can contact the exhaust pipe.
There are ways around it, be it a cross over pipe, an exhaust spacer or a new drive shaft.
Your stock shaft should last a long time, if not doing a lot of flexing, and shops are always taking new ones off. You can pick them up for a decent price.

Quick Reply: 2015 JK Sahara getting lifted today!!!