Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.5 Lift Control Arms Question

Old 04-19-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Honestabel
I guess mainly because I want my jeep as functional as possible as soon as possible.

This is the main reason why i waited to have the money order it all together.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
This is the main reason why i waited to have the money order it all together.
Did you save up the money to buy your Jeep too?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get the front arms first. Don't bother saving for all at the same time. That makes zero sense.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Why not buy $100 drop brackets (you lose 1-2 inches of clearance at rear portion of front control arm bracket at frame- not very much) no need for control arms. I have a 4.5 lift and have Rock Krawler arms now, but the stock arms ride better and are pretty damn stout. The drop brackets really improve the ride on a lift since they return control arm angles nearly to stock. I just gave my old AEV drop brackets to a buddy with a 3 inch lift and he now raves how it took the flightiness If the steering while driving on the highway. Just a thought. Rancho makes some very stout ones also.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by n3tfury
I'd get the front arms first. Don't bother saving for all at the same time. That makes zero sense.
Thanks! Yeah that's what I'm thinking!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
Why not buy $100 drop brackets (you lose 1-2 inches of clearance at rear portion of front control arm bracket at frame- not very much) no need for control arms. I have a 4.5 lift and have Rock Krawler arms now, but the stock arms ride better and are pretty damn stout. The drop brackets really improve the ride on a lift since they return control arm angles nearly to stock. I just gave my old AEV drop brackets to a buddy with a 3 inch lift and he now raves how it took the flightiness If the steering while driving on the highway. Just a thought. Rancho makes some very stout ones also.
Thanks! I'll look into these.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Good one smart a**. I guess you took my post the wrong way. I could have easily bought a basic 2.5 inch kit like you months ago. Rather than doing that i have done research and realized its stupid to buy a basic kit when in all reality i wanted more. So thats the reason why i saved up my money and going drop it all on a complete kit than a basic coil lift.

Good luck with your build

Last edited by mhockey9090; 04-19-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Good one smart a**. I guess you took my post the wrong way. I could have easily bought a basic 2.5 inch kit like you months ago. Rather than doing that i have done research and realized its stupid to buy a basic kit when in all reality i wanted more. So thats the reason why i saved up my money and going drop it all on a complete kit than a basic coil lift. Good luck with your build
I get ya man! I just happened to get a deal on the coils so I've decided to piece a lift together as my budget allows. I'm learning as I go. I appreciate it!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I get ya man! I just happened to get a deal on the coils so I've decided to piece a lift together as my budget allows. I'm learning as I go. I appreciate it!

Did the same thing on my last vehicle and it really sucked. Thats why im waiting on this one. Live and learn thats all.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the same thing on my last vehicle and it really sucked. Thats why im waiting on this one. Live and learn thats all.
I'm not following you here...

If someone gets the "basics" of the full kit that they want (springs, 1 set of CA's, etc), and add the rest of the CA's later, how exactly does that suck?

Quick Reply: 3.5 Lift Control Arms Question