Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.5 Lift Control Arms Question

Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 Lift Control Arms Question

I'm have a 3.25 Rusty's Off-road lift and planning on changing it over time. I have 3.5 Rock Krawler coils on the way. I want to move my rear axel back and front axel forward a little and wondering what control arms would be best to accomplish this. Also wondering what size bumpstops I'll need. I'm running 37" nitto trail grapplers and flat fenders.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I want to move my rear axel back and front axel forward a little and wondering what control arms would be best to accomplish this.
Since you are getting RK 3.5" coils, why not get the RK adjustable arms from the 3.5" kit? You will need all 8.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Since you are getting RK 3.5" coils, why not get the RK adjustable arms from the 3.5" kit? You will need all 8.
Well it's a budget issue. If I get the RK arms, it will have to be done one set at a time. Which is probably what I'll do. Which ones should I get first? I know it will cost more in the long run, but oh well.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Most will probably recommend front lower, rear upper, front upper, rear lower.

But since upper and lower do the same thing, you can mix and match however you want, just get one set of fronts, then one set of rears, then the other two when you get around to it.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Most will probably recommend front lower, rear upper, front upper, rear lower. But since upper and lower do the same thing, you can mix and match however you want, just get one set of fronts, then one set of rears, then the other two when you get around to it.
Ok thanks! Also can I put the coils on before I get any control arms? Is there anything else I need? I have sway bar links, front and rear adj track bars, and extended brake lines.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Adding the RK coils won't be a problem. You'll get what, another inch or so over the current height? The steering will be flighty (or flighty-er than it is now, anyway), but you can deal with it until you get the first set of front arms. Just make sure to adjust the links and lines and stops before you go flexing it on a trail.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Adding the RK coils won't be a problem. You'll get what, another inch or so over the current height? The steering will be flighty (or flighty-er than it is now, anyway), but you can deal with it until you get the first set of front arms. Just make sure to adjust the links and lines and stops before you go flexing it on a trail.
Yeah I'm figuring about an inch. Right now I have 3" of actual lift. Thanks again brother.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just wait and save up all of your money till you can afford all 8 ? Because im sure you will be spending more money in the long run piecing it together.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Why not just wait and save up all of your money till you can afford all 8 ? Because im sure you will be spending more money in the long run piecing it together.
I guess mainly because I want my jeep as functional as possible as soon as possible.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Is there a price break for buying all four sets at the same time? I thought the discount was just for buying the full lift including all arms. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just add one set of front arms as soon as you can to get the caster handled.

You might also start looking at the various track bar raise and drag link flip options.

Quick Reply: 3.5 Lift Control Arms Question